Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1254

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

I am sad for the workers at game and animation studios that are so afraid to lose their job that they endure the terrible working conditions demanded by their employer.

I was lucky enough to have the luxury of quitting a animation gig that made unreasonable demands. Many of my fellow animators put up with the shit.

Phil Spencer has underlined that when the acquisition will be final ALL those game studios will be refering to him as head CEO.
    Kotick, get bent.

Administrator
    Kotick will undoubtedly get a lovely golden parachute.

Junior Potato
    Acti-Blizz’s problems were more than crunch, long hours, poor pay, or being afraid to speak out.

It has been facing heat over allegations of sexual harassment, assault, rape, and inappropriate behaviour, which seems to have been covered up by the company’s leaders. Kotick himself is accused of threatening to kill an employee on a phone message. It has been so bad that employees at Raven Software have been on strike against their owners for more than a month now, and an employee group has formed called The ABK Alliance which has been putting pressure on management.

They’re not a union yet. That NEEDS to happen, and it needs to encompass workers from all software and visual effects industries. They need to work on holding abusers to account, then they need to work on eliminating poor work conditions.

Administrator
    Even as a consumer they're pretty bad. They've bought up franchises and studios and then run them into the ground over and over again. Remember Neversoft?

EA and Ubisoft have their problems, but I've always thought Activision was absolutely the most anti-consumer video game publisher out there.

Junior Potato
    Oh yeah, they suck. Basically single-handedly pushed loot boxes into the mainstream in Overwatch.

Hopefully being under the wing of Microsoft puts that to a stop.

The only game I ever returned after buying was a Microsoft game (Forza) and it was because of loot boxes.

VFX industry is under the IATSE. https://iatse.net/ Individual studios have to be part of the union though. My first animation gig in LA was not union affiliated. (It was a cool place to work with good people.) The second was affiliated with The Animation Guild, IATSE Local 839. http://animationguild.org

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    not news as this game is ~9 years old, but Bioshock Infinite is awesome....really loving it

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    not news as this game is ~9 years old, but Bioshock Infinite is awesome....really loving it
    It is. The story is great and really comes to life later. I'll say no more. Also, all these power giving enhancements just sitting on the walls and not a single bad guy uses them. Strange.