Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    Humble has the original PC Spintires on sale for five bucks.

Bought’d’d!!1

I’ll try it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Humble has the original PC Spintires on sale for five bucks.

Bought’d’d!!1

I’ll try it when I get home.
    Then get the 50% rebate upgrade to Mudrunner on Steam soon, the offer lasts until the first of December.
    Last edited by animalica; November 7th, 2017 at 03:14 AM.

The Turing Test: Got this for free through Games with Gold on Xbox and it was ok. It is a simpler version of a Portal style puzzle game with a story. Only took about 4-5 hours to complete with all achievements.

Trackmania: Got this for free through Games with Gold on Xbox and it is pretty damn awesome. It's a super arcade style TT/racing game. One thing that blows me away is the graphics look really good. For just a small arcade game I was very surprised. But it is fun to play and that it is what counts. It is one of those games you could just play for a few minutes or a few hours and have fun.

Developers of Titanfall, Respawn, sells to EA for $455 million. Nate mentioned it in chat and I did a quick search for articles.

Jason Schreier from Kotaku has a brief timeline events:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/928752593354059776
    Sequence of events:
    1) Nexon makes offer for Respawn, per documentation sent to Kotaku
    2) EA has first right of refusal, per documentation, and can make an offer
    3) EA shuts down Visceral Games
    4) EA announces that it has bought Respawn
    GamesBeat has an interview with the CEO of Respawn (Zampanella) and EVP at EA (Soderlund)
    Quote Originally Posted by https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/10/why-titanfall-studio-respawn-sold-to-ea/
    GamesBeat: Why is this deal happening now from both of your perspectives?

Zampella: We have worked together a long time from the inception of the studio. It has come up from time to time. I feel like now, where we are in the industry and what we can do. How do we take a next step in making bigger better games? From the Respawn side, it is a no brainer that this will allow us to do something greater.

Soderlund: From the EA perspective, I would echo what Vince said. For us, it is about making sure we are partnering with the best teams in the industry. With Respawn, I know we have two of the best teams in the industry. We also have seasoned leadership teams. And a very good relationship with Respawn. For us, it was a natural evolution. It isn’t more complicated than that.

GamesBeat: Is anything happening in the game industry and the process of making more games that made this more likely?

Zampella: We see the need for bigger resources to make bigger games that are at the right level of competitiveness. EA has great knowledge for live services stuff that we are looking at and the game industry is transitioning to that. We can learn a lot from.

-------------------

GamesBeat: EA just shut down Visceral. Did that worry you, Vince, about how far into the future you have to think here?

Zampella: Nope.

Soderlund: I think it is important to make sure to go back to the Visceral decision. It was a creative call. A creative decision. It has nothing to do with Respawn. They are not linked at all.

Zampella: We have to stay successful. Just as we have done independently. We constantly have to push ourselves to be more and more successful and that will breed our success within EA.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Completely unsurprised -- they put a ton of work into Titanfall 2 and it was stillborn. Zampella & Co. are probably looking to cash-out at this point and figure out where to go to next while delegating the planning/production for Titanfall 3 to EA Product Planning.

Both TF & TF2 were built using the Source engine. EA is gonna push TF3 onto Frostbite of course -- and since the TF franchise isn't anything approaching an RPG, it should work fine and look great.

Junior Potato
    TF3 will be loaded with loot boxes.

I look forward to whatever Zampella and West’s next project may be

Needless to say they both got major moolah in cash and stock options. I wonder if any of the original staff got a share in the company when they jumped from Infinity Ward or if they were just employees?

"The most downvoted comment in Reddit's history was at a little over 24,000. EA's comment is currently sitting at 359,000 downvotes."

re: Having to either pay, or play 40 hours to unlock Darth Vader.

Man that's impressively ballsy. Bobby Kotich loves this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    TF3 will be loaded with loot boxes.

I look forward to whatever Zampella and West’s next project may be
    Of course -- but do you seriously think that EA bought Respawn based on whatever creative dream outlet that Zampella wants to work on? Or because of the Titanfall IP?