Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Administrator
    I always get Australian locations wrong. Admittedly, I finally thought I was going to get it right and guessed Australia, only to find out the location was in South Africa. Next one looked nearly identical, so I picked South Africa and it was actually in Australia. Ragequit.

Junior Potato
    I tried the Australian ones. You’d think I’d be fairly ok at it.

Nope.

Looks like every road ever built here is a single carriageway with gum trees and farms on either side, plus a few meters of clearance for kangaroos.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I keep picking the U.S. and it ends up being Canada

My buddy who showed Geoguessr to me is very well travelled and a scientist. Sometimes he would take one glance and correctly identify the country.

Junior Potato
    No doubt based on local fauna, weather, angle of the sun, street signs, etc.

Junior Potato
    Now this… this is cool and more than a little fascinating.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/01/ev...dollar-battle/

A million bucks worth of player-earned equipment is on the line in EVE Online’s largest ever battle, the focus being an immense Keepstar citadel, the largest player-controlled ‘thing’ available.

Junior Potato
    Should I get into Monster Hunter World?

Reviews are starting to flow and it’s looking like a promising game.

Might be a good title to be my BotW for 2018, if only it weren’t tethered to the lounge room TV.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    In 1997 I got a job and the first thing I bought with my first paycheck with a PS1....entirely to play one game, Wipeout XL (aka 2097). The game was perfect to me. Every Wipeout game since then has been nice, but none really captured the same feeling or driving dynamics. I've gone through a few Playstation systems since then, but I STILL have my original Wipeout XL disk.

So, imagine my surprise when I found out that an indie developer has released what is basically a Wipeout XL/Wipeout 3 era game, called BallisticNG on Steam! Apparently I wasn't the only one who was wishing for those early days:

The game is designed for modding and people have made direct clones of the Wipeout XL tracks, vehicles, sounds and soundtrack. It's nice because I had always wished for an HD release of the game, and this is the closest we'll ever get (since the original Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool was shut down)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Not sure which one is more frustrating. This one or the one where you're sitting in that cauldron with a hammer

https://kotaku.com/getting-over-it-i...-to-1819219469

Played it for 10 minutes because I got dared to. It was painful.

I did like the motivational quotes and music to mock you when you fall.