Page 61 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    Nintendo’s next mobile game is Mario Kart Tour. It’s in development now and will release in April next year.

Anthem has been delayed again til 2019.

Still no release date for Ace Combat 7. I thought that was odd till I read it is trying to launch with PS4 VR support. Blah.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm about (guessing) 80% through the storyline of Mad Max.

It is pretty fun, and a good looking game. There are a couple things about it that are maddening (game mechanics).

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I don't own a PS4, but I've been watching reviews of the remade Shadow of the Colossus, and it really makes me want to play it again. I also forgot how amazing the soundtrack is.

Junior Potato
    Look at this game. Would you just look at it!

I’ve tried my hand at some DCS before, in an obscure Russian bomber, but gave up when I realised that I’d need 150 hours of flight time and a proper HOTAS before I had the slightest hint of a chance at being the tiniest bit competent at what would be required of me as a military pilot.

But it’s nice to look at. I’d love to be able to show up somewhere with a rig and a VR headset and fly an F-18 into a combat mission. Start me on the runway, show me where the throttle is and show me where the shooty button is and go for it. That’d be fun.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Oh my. But, can I take an A-10 and strafe the stretch of clusterfuck road that is my daily commute?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Was watching that vid with music playing, and Rod Stewart's 'We Are Sailing' vid started playing, which seemed to suit the video well.

But holey crap that game looks awesome. Can't imagine the specs required to play it will be as low as my compy has though.

Junior Potato
    Games require post launch MoNeTiSaTiOn because they’re too expensive to make.

https://press-start.com.au/news/2018...ons-last-year/

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Games require post launch MoNeTiSaTiOn because they’re too expensive to make.

https://press-start.com.au/news/2018...ons-last-year/
    Microtransactions by themselves aren't necessarily a bad thing, the companies are just not doing them the right way.

Right way:

1.) Faster way to level up FAIRLY on games where it does not affect the other players
    2.) Upgrades to costumes, etc.

Wrong way:

1.) Random Loot crates/boxes that are basically gambling
    2.) "Pay to win" model affecting other players
    3.) Not being stated up front that you aren't provided a "full game experience" unless you buy more things.

And additionally, making things super expensive overall (Shark cards). I recently wanted to get back into GTAV Online and do some of the cool things, but paying 3 million for every single thing is crazy unless you're playing non-stop and that's like $40-50 if you want to buy a Shark card.....f- that