Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    Hellblade is getting an Xbone release on April 11th.

Buy it

I'm a little late with mentioning it, but Humble Bundle has Spec Ops: The Line for free. I highly recommend it.

In fact, I already own it, but I grabbed a code in case anyone misses out. Just let me know if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    I'm a little late with mentioning it, but Humble Bundle has Spec Ops: The Line for free. I highly recommend it.

In fact, I already own it, but I grabbed a code in case anyone misses out. Just let me know if you want it.

Have to agree, it comes highly recommended. Gameplay-wise it doesn't really tread any new ground but it has an original and absorbing storyline. And you can't beat free!

Junior Potato
    Much has been said of Spec Ops: The Line, and I think that the following video is the best that has ever been said of it. If you've got a spare 40 minutes then click play.

The game itself might be worth a replay. Everything about the game is so subversive, even its name.

Junior Potato
    I've played Sea of Thieves for a few hours now. It's immediately obvious that it requires a strong group of friends who all have the game and are happy to get up to swashbuckling antics on the reg, in order to have decent fun with it.

My two play sessions have included solo, and matchmaking with a few randoms who lost interest and buggered off. If you hop off at an island there's literally nothing to do unless you've got a quest to dig for treasure, though you could maybe find some loot just sitting there on a rock. And what's with those islands that look like they're covered in forts, but have nobody on them? The game really does remind me of Wind Waker, but with shittier gameplay and better sailing.

My comparison to Halo MP still stands, IMO. It might not have a depth of tools, but it does have the potential for some exciting emergent gameplay. I can picture it now; eight crew on deck, all communicating like experienced veterans and working in unison as they pull alongside another tallship. Waves are crashing and rain is pouring down, cannon balls flying to-and-fro. Someone stands on the masthead playing Flight of the Valkyries on the accordion just before being slaughtered by a large smelly bearded man with a cutlass. It's about the stories you create, as most of my memories of Halo are from awesome moments that surprised me or blew my mind, not of the weapons in my hand or the particular game mode.

The tools are there for some serious fun, but everyone who could make that fun is off playing Fortnite.

Though I do wanna mention one thing. When you're at full sail on high seas, the game is spectacular. Those waves look incredible and the sound effects all across the board are amazing. The first time I hopped aboard a sloop and looked at the emerald lagoon with the sun beating down... I could almost feel the warmth of it on my face. Then I took off for the open ocean and yep, it reminded me of the last time I was actually on the rolling water with the salty spray bashing over the side of the boat. In this regard they absolutely nailed it.

Man oh man it would be a good single player game if it was equipped with clear gameplay progression and a storyline, but hey, the blank canvass is there to add stuff like they say they will. I can see boat racing and deathmatch-esque modes like CTF and bomb the base (ship?) added in the future. Hopefully it will not be a totally wasted opportunity.

Junior Potato
    Looks like the world’s biggest shooters are jumping on the battle royale bandwagon this year.

Battlefield V will include it in its multiplayer mode.

And CoDBlOps IIII (that’s a four) will feature it, while also not even including a singleplayer campaign. Wut?

Strike the iron while it's hot, etc.

Junior Potato
    That’s the plan that Cliffy B is going with.

Hence the X-TREME free to play early access of Radical Heights, which is replacing Lawbreakers as that studio’s fad-chasing game of choice.

Poor Aussies... why ban average games? Says the german player...

https://www.pcgamer.com/we-happy-few...fication-board

Junior Potato
    I thought the premise of that game was against the taking of drugs