Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Yeah, I pretty much never play multiplayer, partly for that reason.

The wife got me Ass Creed 4 a while ago, and I have yet to play it

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    On a related note, I just picked up Ass Creed: Unity for $10 from Amazon. Reviews of it after a year's worth of patches to the initially broken game have been much kinder.
    Hahaha, this is great!

I think it's great because there's been some hoopla in the games media this year about game review embargoes, mostly from UbiSoft but also from Bethesda. From memory, Ubi knew that AC:Unity was going to be terrible at launch so to protect their earnings made sure that nobody could read a review casting this much-hyped game into the sea before gamers dropped their hard-earned on it, lest they find out themselves that it's terrible and not waste any money.

So I think if I was editor of a popular gaming news site like Kotaku (which has been allegedly blacklisted by the two publishers above for, you know, reporting gaming news) I'd go full-smart arse and not review a game until it was 12 months old and actually worthy of any time.

Do you still play Elder Scrolls online Rich? I might try this out.

Always fancied giving The Elder Scrolls Online a try but haven't yet been able to commit? Here's hoping you have some free time this weekend as Bethesda is giving you the chance to try before you buy.

From Thursday, December 10 until Monday, December 14, 2015, you'll be able to download the full game client and sample the game on PC/Mac or Xbox One (or both, I guess).
    For Xbox One you'll need a live Gold subscription, and from 3am PST you'll be able to download The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited client for free

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Anyone here downloaded this months Live Gold free game, Pneuma: Breath of Life?

I played it yesterday (and finished it a few hours later, at 3am on a work day ) and quite liked it, was a good thinking game and it looks pretty good too.
    Finally tried it. Wow, the voice is annoying. I almost immediately set the voice level to zero. I disagree that it has been a thinking game. I've done the first two chapters so far and it's simply been "Look at the eye and try to figure out what direction you need to move the stick." You think it looks good? I think it looks like I'm moving (slowly) through a Sketch Up drawing. The environments are rudimentary. If you're going to have paintings on the walls, don't just repeatedly use the same four in every room, sometimes more than once. I'll probably finish it, but I think it's... weak.

Knight Squad: Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Do you still play Elder Scrolls online Rich? I might try this out.
    Yes I do, and loving every minute of it. Haven't done any of the DLC though.

I picked up a brand new copy of the Mad Max game for $30 off Amazon used (?). Even had a virgin DLC freebie code that was still good! I don't feel so bad about missing it on eBay for $25 now. Especially since it's still $50 used at Gamestop.

Fun so far. Reminds me a lot of the Nintendo Master System game actually!

Amazon Prime members are getting a nice bonus starting today: 20 percent off newly released physical video games (including pre-orders) shipped and sold by Amazon. The discount is offered on new titles until two weeks after launch, so you can wait for reviews if you'd like.
    wow.

Also, for Jason:
    Five years ago, DC Universe Online debuted on PC and PlayStation 3. Much has changed since then, including a transition to free-to-play and a PS4 port, but there's still more to be done. Daybreak Games (formerly Sony Online Entertainment) is bringing its MMO to Xbox One this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    wow.
    Sounds like they decided to beat the Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked membership, which also gives you 20% off of new games, but is $30 for a 2 year membership.