Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    I thought the levels were just a blank canvas upon which all that gory mayhem took place.

This time they’re more vertical.

I’m really looking forward to it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    did you all hear about the IGN plagiarism scandal? was pretty stupid.

Basically an editor did a video "review" of a game called Dead Cells, except he copied things practically word for word from another youtube gaming channel. I mean he barely tried to differentiate it at all.....then he gave a stunning non-apology video which is covered by this guy:

Also, he looks like a douchebag.

He could have easily said "hey, I was stressed, ran out of time to get the review done and just took some ideas from another video, I'm sorry, it won't happen again"...OR he could have used an ounce of effort and a thesaurus, changed the timing of his comments and at least made an attempt!

Yes, in the grand scheme of all that's going on in the world, this is a non-story, but just amazing how stupid and useless that guy is, and apparently he's done it before.

Junior Potato
    Yep. I’ve heard about it.

The news was widely reported by Kotaku, and in response Miucin called out the website and its editor Jason Schreier, basically laying down a challenge. And of course that opened the floodgates and people have been digging up more and more evidence of plagiarism.

He has since left IGN, which now has the inglorious task of having to remove all of his writings because so much of it has been found to be plagiarised.

It will take a long time to rewrite all of the reviews and get the site back up to date, because now a portion of IGN has lost much of its Nintendo content.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; August 15th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    ah, only heard about 2-3, didn't know they had to remove all of his reviews...wow. Amazing he got away with it for that long

Junior Potato
    Ace Combat 7 finally has a release date on PC, PS4 and Xbox One: January 18 next year.

It’s looking epic, and in that perfectly kitschy Ace Combat style.

Yeah, was excited to see this. It will probably be the first launch-day game I buy in about 15 years.

11 years since AC6 was released!?! ... guess I can't get on Kaz/Polyphony for another six years to release GT7

Administrator
    The PC ports of Shenmue 1 & 2 are now out on Steam, and Shenmue 3 has been announced for late August of next year.

I know what I would be doing this weekend if I weren't driving to San Diego to go on a stupid bike ride.

Love me some Ace Combat!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    11 years since AC6 was released!?! ... guess I can't get on Kaz/Polyphony for another six years to release GT7
    You’re forgetting Assault Horizon from 2011 and Infinity from 2014.

Infinity was PS3 only, F2P, and a bit of a flop.