Page 79 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Sad news for iOS users (which I used to be one)....Infinity Blade series is being removed from the App Store after Epic Games decided it would no longer support the games.

So why not just leave them on the store and tell people that it's no longer being updated? Infinity Blade was the only game I truly missed when I jumped to Android and didn't figure out why they never ported it over, despite having other Epic Games stuff on Android.

Junior Potato
    Meanwhile:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-its-map-again

I’ve never heard of Infinity Blade. At least, if I’d heard of it I’ve never paid too much attention to it.

As for reasons why they’ve pulled the game, Epic states that they’re shifting attention to other projects, such as Spyjinx (I’ve no idea what that is). Basically if they can’t do it 100% then they won’t do it. I have a lot of respect for that sort of attitude, because letting a game whither and die unceremoniously looks bad. But it’s the sort of strategy that leads to games basically disappearing from the cosmos, such is the age we live in, of disposable, download-only, always online titles.

Oh well, I’ll chalk that up as another one that passed me by.

Interesting note, they did make arcade versions of it as well, similar to Fruit Ninja and similar games that got ported to an arcade machine.

The one thing that stood out is the graphics power, even on the Iphone 4 that I had, it was stunning, graphically. The gameplay wasn't that incredible, basically a hack and slash with timing/level up system, but it was the visual quality you just didn't see on other mobile games.

It was a fun game to play, but I'm not all cut up about it.

DO YOU SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    It was a fun game to play, but I'm not all cut up about it.

DO YOU SEE
    SWORD HATER!!!

Junior Potato
    It sucks that the game is gone, no matter how you slice it.

Junior Potato
    I don’t know whether to stick this into the VR thread or this flight sims thread or this thread.

Anyhoo…

^ Sadly from my PoV only three VR missions, which are outside the main story mode, and a free flight mode. No word if it will be supported in multi player. Maybe one for me to pick up second hand or if I see it going cheap.

When I picked up PSVR last year and was disappointed by GT:S I *almost* held onto it for AC7. But the first video dropped of what the VR was going to look like and it was jaw dropping amazing. Then I knew it was a lie because the headset just isn't capable of delivering that high quality of a picture but they were going to put out those videos anyway. Boxed it up and sent the headset back later that week.

Junior Potato
    Well, I would buy Ace Combat 7 irrespective of any VR inclusion, and I just happen to own a PSVR, so it’s happy days for me.

It’s not a matter of this game being a reason to buy a PSVR, more that it’s a must-buy if you already own one. There are other reasons to buy a PSVR, especially if you haven’t got any PC VR capability.

But if you have a decently specced PC with a VR headset, don’t even bother with PSVR. You’ve got DCS and Assetto Corsa, plus a myriad of other racing and flight sims, as well as all of the novelty games (and shovelware) on Steam making it slightly more worth your while. PlayStation has an arcade flight-combat game and Gran Turismo. By comparison, it’s shit.

There are a few things you miss out on if you don’t go for PSVR. One of them is the price. Total outlay for all of the hardware (console + headset & camera) is about 1/4 of what you’d pay to get an equivalent PC up and running. Other things are the few PS exclusive titles, notably Wip3out, Tetris Effect and Deracine by FromSoftware, the makers of Dark Souls and their ilk, plus a few demos (Star Wars and The Last Guardian).

It definitely is disapppointing that Ace Combat will only have three VR missions. But they’re working within some very tight limitations to make it happen, and trying to shoe-horn the full single player game into PSVR would likely detract from their idea of a fully featured campaign mode.