Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

I'm super excited for AC7, I had planned to buy it on launch day but I'm not sure if RDR2 will push that back a bit. Been waiting for it for a long time.

Junior Potato
    I went and bought Ride 3. It’s gotten some not-so-favourable reviews in the few places I’ve checked, but I find it to be really good. It’s obviously more janky than Forza or GT, but it doesn’t have the budget and resources that those games have. The handling is just fine, and somewhat reminds me of Tourist Trophy, which is a plus.

Most importantly, it has my bike in it. I promptly bought one and removed the mirrors and number plate. Unf.

Otherwise, there’s a wide selection of bikes from all the expected manufacturers, plus some great tracks. There’s a few obscure choices, such as Imatra, which hosted GP racing up until 1982, as well as a few of the bonkers Irish Road Racing courses.

I say buy it.

New Ace Combat for the Xbox? Don’t mind if I do!

Yeah, I've been enjoying Ride3 a lot. More than I did 2.

Hard to say if they made it 'easier' or 'more realistic', but I can actually get around all the high speed road race circuits without dying.

I can't figure out Supermoto though.

I have not bought a game since Destiny 2, I think. Now, there are three upcoming games in the next two months that I am very interested in: Anthem, Trials: Rising and Ace Combat 7. Looks like I'll have loads of fresh gaming in 2019.

Nice!

I just wrapped up FH4+expansion (achievements, at least). And decided it was good time to try the Talos Principle again. Finally cracked a puzzle I had long been stuck on and quickly progressing through. Really nice to be able to pick that up again, even though I lost the story a bit.

Finally finished Talos Principle. The buildup to the ending - and the actual ending - were both pretty great. Highly recommended.

Administrator
    Slightly Mad Studios, the folks behind Project Cars, have announced that they're releasing a console called the Mad Box to compete with the next XBox and PlayStation. I can't help but think that this was doomed from a couple of years prior to them even first thinking about the idea, but maybe that's me.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...e-mad-box/amp/

The news about PC3 isn't too hot either.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I've been following news that GTPlanet has been posting on Facebook. As I understand it they got the scoop because Ian Bell posts on the forums there.

So far he's announced next to nothing, but he did post some renders of the hardware designs on Twitter (sorry for massive pics). Lots of RGB and lots of water cooling...

My guess it's going to be an AMD-Linux box that's roughly as powerful as Ryzen 5 and current top-spec Radeon cards, so, slightly below GTX1080, I guess. Maybe better with optimisation, since it'll be one hardware spec. He does promise 180FPS internal rendering and the ability to run VR at 90FPS per eye, so if you're comparing that to what a PS4Pro and X1X can do with pCARS 2 then that's well and truly more powerful than current gen consoles.

Awkward timing though, with RTX taking its first steps, and questions over what's happening with the next gen consoles. Will they have real-time ray-tracing as well, and will they follow the trend started with the enhanced consoles and properly move to a more mobile phone-like upgrade cycle?

I suppose the only draw to any developers will be smaller studios looking for a good game engine with no licensing fees and no exclusivity, except in exchange for a version for the SMS console. But I'm not sure how that will benefit them, if developers can make their game for free, but still be able to publish it for PC and the other consoles where there is a larger audience.

For now I think we will all watch from the sidelines, while we wait for the inevitable mouthing-off of Ian Bell when everyone tells him to proceed with caution.