Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    I can’t remember if we had a thread for the Mad Box, the gaming console idea from Slightly Mad Studios, developers of Project CARS.

But it looks like it might not get off the ground.

https://www.gtplanet.net/mad-box-naming-snag/

It’s not really surprising, nor am I losing sleep over it.

Yeah but the wait lists are forever...

Ian Bell seems like the Donald Trump of the gaming world...my opinion is all that matters, the end.

Finally got on one of the 4 servers last night....amazing Still the best game

I've been playing more Warface recently to get my FPS fix. I finished a mission earlier that involved some super-clutch play, if I do say so myself. I only ever play PvE. There are two types of PvE missions, normal and spec-ops. Spec-ops are more difficult and take more time to finish, 40-50 minutes or so, as opposed to 10-15 minutes. My four random squadmates and I were fighting through a spec-op mission. There is a spot in the mission where it is pretty much a shooting gallery, with my team in the middle of a shit-storm. The team puts up a good fight, but they all get incapacitated, leaving me to fight all by myself. Ammunition is limited, but the rifleman class can replenish ammunition up to 9 times. Alas, I used all my ammo boxes helping my team. I ran out of bullets, but still had more bad guys sniping me. Luckily, I had cover. I knew that if I used a revive token, I would come back with full supplies. Alas, I can only use one token per checkpoint. I killed myself with a grenade and used a revive token to come back with full ammo. I finished the section and got to the checkpoint, allowing my team to revive. Whew!

We got to the final battle and, again, my team puts up a good fight. Alas, they all get incapacitated again, leaving just me to finish the final boss and an endless stream of commandos. I've done this mission numerous times, so I know how to eliminate the boss. It took some work, but I took care of business, single-handedly eliminated the boss and finished the mission. My best game yet.

Nice work!

The Golf Club 2019 is the free game with gold right now. Anyone up for some golf?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Junior Potato
    Watching someone else play Tetris is always frustrating, right? But when you play Tetris yourself it’s challenging in a certain way, but not frustrating, because you’re not watching it.

Unless you watch a video of yourself playing!

This is me playing Tetris Effect in VR mystery mode. It’s Tetris but it fucks with you in various ways, and the low latency VR display makes you feel like a ninja. This was a particularly good run, and my record for mystery mode. My overall record is 114 lines so to get 105 in mystery mode is a good effort.

If you watch it you’ll notice that I get a perfect clear gifted to me just as I’m about to fill the well near the end, but then I don’t clear a single goddamn line, from zero to… more zero as the pieces come down. It’s interesting to see that a bad decision near the start sets off a cascade of more and more bad decisions that lock you in until you either rally hard and save it, or fade into mediocrity. I did the latter

One good thing that I observed this evening was that I was starting to take note of the piece preview and deciding where to place them before the current piece was locked into place. I’m learning to stop flying by the seat of my pants, but then the speed picks up and I’m doomed again. Another thing I’ve learned to do is build flat across a shitty pile and whittle down until it’s nice and neat again, although I’m still struggling with the central well strategy; my habitual build style is right-hand well.

I’m not exactly an esports professional tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    The Golf Club 2019 is the free game with gold right now. Anyone up for some golf?
    Is it any good?