Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hear it's hot in England?

I hear it's hot in England?

36°? Pfft, amateurs.

That's long sleeves weather as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I'm doing it right now.

That's not hot.

Try 105 and 80% humidity.

We had five days in a row over 45 (108) last year, and a few years ago we had fifteen days in a row above what England are calling a heat-wave now.

After about a week it really starts affecting people actually. Everyone just kinda slows down and they actually get pretty relaxed and carefree.

Junior Potato
    20 degrees here, middle of "winter."

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure most people in the U.K. don't have air conditioning, because they rarely need it.

I dont have air conditioning or heating. Temp is generally ok that I can live without.

But its bloody cold here at the moment. 16C today with min about 8C. Thats just too cold!
    Looking forward to crossing the equator soon.

It's hot enough such that no sane person would want hotter.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    I dont have air conditioning or heating. Temp is generally ok that I can live without.

But its bloody cold here at the moment. 16C today with min about 8C. Thats just too cold!
    Looking forward to crossing the equator soon.
    I live in San Diego and even I don't think that 16C is too cold. 8C's getting cold but still not that bad. Harden the fuck up.

36C is tough, but not intolerable. Would strongly prefer air conditioning at that level.
    Last edited by overpowered; July 2nd, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

I don't get upset at anything between 6C and 38C. Anything in there is fine. I don't play with HVAC for anything in that range. We ran the AC at home the last two days as temps were in the 40-42C range, but it's off again today with an expected high of 37C. I don't feel good about using resources when adding a layer or removing a layer brings comfort. Really, if there is any strife in my relationship it's this - my girl can't handle anything that's outside of about 24-30C and it drives me up the wall when I see her in long sleeves with the AC on or shorts with the he Hat on. We don't need to change the temp in a 3000 sq ft house because someone can't manage their wardrobe a little better. Grrr.