Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super License Events

Hehe, ok that confirms the theory, the Huayra makes it a lot harder. I guess you could always try taking a 650pp Huayra yourself...

Did the Suzuka race at the second attempt in the fully tuned FD with a Medium 4 - Soft 3 - Soft 3 tyre strategy, pretty close.
    Then had a runaway win at Brands, almost a minute ahead, using two sets of Hards. It rained and all the AI cars pitted, I stayed out. Then it dried up and they pitted again, I kept right on lapping.

Both of those were against a JGTC field.

Had the same pit stop luck.
    Rains lap 2 and most pit but is over by the end of the lap and they pit again.
    So some cars might do 3 stops when you do just 1

I'm glad these Super Events are challenging if you take the appropriate cars. I'm working on the Suzuka race now, and with the Petronas SC430 I've not been able to win the race.

Had an exciting win at the Ring. Set out on Hards, it soon started raining and reached 100% during my first lap, so very slippery.
    End of lap 1, I pitted and put on Intermediates, went out and was going quite a bit faster than the AI. During this lap it stopped raining, end of the lap water was at 32%.
    So I stay out, with a minute's lead, and go onto the last lap on Intermediates on a fast-drying track. Unsurprisingly perhaps, the inters start to wear very rapidly. I'm fine until the long straight, where I think I'm home and dry, so blow out the last of my nitrous. What I didn't realise was that I am spinning the rears all the way along the straight, reducing them from 3 to 1 out of 10. I have a massive accident at the left-hand kink under the bridge, then crawl over the line with rear tyres on 0/10, slewing wildly around but still taking the win.

Just lost at Silverstone, the F1 GTR Race car was ~45 secs ahead in a dry race. Time to swap to a car with downforce perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Just lost at Silverstone, the F1 GTR Race car was ~45 secs ahead in a dry race. Time to swap to a car with downforce perhaps?
    I just re-enter the event until the F1 and the Citroen GT aren't there. Then it makes a great GT3 level field.

So, I got a race without the F1, but with the 'GT by Citroen Race Car'. I thought I'll give it a go, put Medium tyres on the FD, and set off.

Was in 2nd, close behind the Citroen, when I pitted at the end of lap 5. Tyres were about 4 or 5, so put on another set of the same.
    End of lap 6, the Citroen pits and I take a ~5s lead. Next few laps I extend that to 14s.
    But I've obviously been pushing harder in this second stint, and by the last lap my rear tyres get down to 2. Because they're so loose, the car fishtails around, and the situation becomes a vicious circle. In the last few corners I end up crawling around with TC turned on, fishtailing everywhere, and end up staggering over the line with rear tyres on 0, half a second ahead of the Citroen after 21'30 of racing.

Anyway, I think if I'd taken a bit better care of the tyres on the second stint I could have beat the Citroen more comfortably.
    Last edited by samoht; January 19th, 2014 at 02:04 AM.

But isn't that fun, knowing to go fast but keep it smooth to manage tyres.
    You could probably drop a second a lap but overall be quicker because that last lap won't be 8 second slower!