Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Bolt

Just a guess but if the prices are the same (or more) than a Model 3, people may very well choose the Tesla based on the company alone.

Oh definitely. Chevrolet has an uphill battle, but their dealer network may be a major factor. If you look at Tesla's map of their stores/galleries and service centers, there are HUGE swaths of empty space. I think there are 14 states that have zero, and most other states seem to only have one (or 2-3 that are tightly packed).

I can't find a nationwide map of Chevrolet dealers, but I'm guessing you won't need to make a weekend trip out of the purchase and every dealer visit. Of course, with the relatively maintenance free nature of an electric vehicle, how important is that? Conversely, if something goes wrong, it's likely not going to be a part you can pick up at a local parts shop, and if its major will you have to get it towed hundreds of miles?

Will be interesting how it all works out.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Looks like a competent people-mover.

I like the interior much better than the model 3. I hope Tesla fixes that dash.

I don't think I've seen this before, it has a phone holder.

And isn't it coming out a year before the Model 3, which has like 30k people on the waiting list? That would probably be enough to get quite a few cars sold.

Another thing to consider is Supercharger stations vs DC Fast Charging.

Tesla's Superchargers will get you back above 75% charge in a Model S after just an hour.
    GM estimates 90 miles of charge for the first 30 minutes on a DC Fast Charging Station (and they are not being rolled out as aggressively, it seems).

The CCS spec for J1772 got delayed past the original 2012 intro date which caused some issues with deployment. I think there are only two vehicles that support CCS right now, the i3 and the Spark, so there isn't even that much pressure to push them out. The Bolt may change that, but it won't help every other J1772 electric vehicle (essentially everything that isn't Asian) on the road already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I don't think I've seen this before, it has a phone holder.

So they made the center console cubby hole smaller? Yay.

I have a phone holder in my E36. It's the gap between the e-brake and the console.

Call me crazy but I would choose and trust Chevrolet's QA and build quality over Tesla's. Plus with the local dealership network and availability, I think they will eat Tesla for lunch.

Only if every dealership can work on the car. They might have restrictions.

Also, from what my tasks owning friends, the dealer interaction with work on the Tesla is "excellent"