Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division

Tom Clancy's The Division

This is the game I'm most excited to see on the next gen consoles. For those who haven't heard its a online-multiplayer 3rd person "tactical" shooter (that term gets thrown around too much). The Wiki plot quote sums it up fairly well:

The Division is inspired by Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51, real-world events which "revealed how vulnerable we've become"; society has become "fragile" and "complex". In the game, a disease that spreads on Black Friday causes the United States to collapse in five days.[2] The player is part of a group called "Strategic Homeland Division (SHD)", called "The Division" for short. This group was established to combat the threat and do whatever it takes to "save what remains" in a massive multiplayer online situation, putting them against friends, AI, and other players.
    There are plenty of videos out there about the gameplay, the engine, etc, but the original E3 reveal is what really caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

Unfortunately the latest rumors are that it won't be out until 2015

I love the way the demos for this game looked, and the drop-in/drop-out support from players on a tablet flying a drone.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Heard rumours a few weeks ago that this was delayed into 2015 but nothing official ever came out. Apparently the tech Demo was exactly that, little more than a demo.

Loved the bullets going through the police car windows. Loved the physics of the turret getting destroyed on the car hood. Loved the drop in/out of the tablet player, especially with the ability to spot for other players. Loved the super easy and friendly looking UI for maps, skills, and other sub menus. Loved the ever present street markers, FOF IDs, and other actually useful info on the player's screen. Wonder if they'll have an option for proximity chat in this game - seems like it would be kinda, I dunno, useful in an open world environment (always reserving the option to default back to team chat, of course).

That city map overlay was pretty sick pants party, too.

This is the game I am most interested in for next gen. And it could make me buy a next gen.

So if the players are all part of the division, why was there random pvp at the end of video?

There are multiple divisions?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, I was under the impression there were multiple factions and you went around the city claiming points a la CoD domination. But I don't know. If one team is too good it'll get out of hand quick.

Not sure divisions is the right word. Factions might be better.