Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division

It was pretty fun rolling through Phil's story missions on Normal when I was level 8 and loaded for bear
    Get that weak shit off my track

Reading here: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-...crafting-guide

Materials are rated with the same color-coded system as the weapons, mods and gear. There is also a way to convert the rarity of the materials you have, though that hasn't been detailed yet. Edit: Division.zone says there will be material conversion blueprints which will allow you to create one of a material by spending 5 of the quality level below it.

I can still foresee them just keeping the best blueprints and materials in the DZ (edit: also according to Division.Zone, there are indeed Dark Zone blueprints, which will require Division Tech which is also only found in the DZ), though arguably you would only need the best of the best stuff when you're doing PvP...who am I kidding, they're going to throw bullet sponge enemies at you at all levels.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; February 25th, 2016 at 12:29 PM.

My thoughts on this after a bit of thinking, to me its too similar to Watch Dogs for me to like.
    Go to an area on the map,clear out enemies,get a reward,level up character.
    It's almost like they've remade WD and added more gunplay and a bit of crafting and some multiplayer element to it.
    It may just be me,but I think this may go the same way,good idea/concept but can't hold gamers in for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    They had all of the elements except the actual crafting in the beta (yes, you could find blueprints and parts but not do anything with them), but I'm more interested in what you'll actually be able to make. The blueprints didn't specify what level the blueprints or parts represented. I would like to be able to craft top-level weapons so that I don't have to go into the Dark Zone.
    Just pick up an M1A and you won't be scared of the DZ anymore.

Reading here: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-...crafting-guide

Materials are rated with the same color-coded system as the weapons, mods and gear. There is also a way to convert the rarity of the materials you have, though that hasn't been detailed yet. Edit: Division.zone says there will be material conversion blueprints which will allow you to create one of a material by spending 5 of the quality level below it.

I can still foresee them just keeping the best blueprints and materials in the DZ (edit: also according to Division.Zone, there are indeed Dark Zone blueprints, which will require Division Tech which is also only found in the DZ), though arguably you would only need the best of the best stuff when you're doing PvP...who am I kidding, they're going to throw bullet sponge enemies at you at all levels.
    You seem to get materials when you destroy inventory too.
    Last edited by LHutton; February 26th, 2016 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    Just pick up an M1A and you won't be scared of the DZ anymore.
    Not scared of, annoyed by. If I wanted to play PvP, I'd play Rainbow Six Siege, it's much better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    My thoughts on this after a bit of thinking, to me its too similar to Watch Dogs for me to like.
    Go to an area on the map,clear out enemies,get a reward,level up character.
    It's almost like they've remade WD and added more gunplay and a bit of crafting and some multiplayer element to it.
    It may just be me,but I think this may go the same way,good idea/concept but can't hold gamers in for the long term.
    Personally, I'm okay with companies re-using certain elements of games that are good. Unless it's a yearly re-hash of the same old thing, like COD/Madden.

And honestly, most games do this. Otherwise we'd have one attempt at a game type and that would be it. There'd only be like 30 games in existence total.

Ubisoft's open world games have a lot of similarities with each other, for both good and bad.

I just had an interesting impulse: it's about 8:30 am, and I need to leave at 10:00 am. My first thought was "I can get in a little Division and get something done." Obviously that's wrong because the beta is over now, but that impulse, the idea that with just 30-45 minutes of gaming time, I can accomplish something that will improve my character/experience, I wonder how that might translate 1) to the full game, 2) to GRW, with its co-op centric gameplay.

1a) Will the difficulty levels in TD scale to the point where I can't realistically achieve anything of significance in the main or DZ mode by myself? Perhaps solo gameplay will be best spent crafting and shop-hopping.

2a) How good will the AI be in GRW?
    2b) Will me + 3 AI be sufficient/satisfying to accomplish side missions leading up to a main mission?
    2c) Will the completion of side missions be transferred over? For instance, could 4 people complete the 4 side missions on their own, and then combine their info/progress for the main mission?

Ubisoft's open world games have a lot of similarities with each other, for both good and bad.
    The bad would include the crashing where it suddenly uses all available RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm
    I just had an interesting impulse: it's about 8:30 am, and I need to leave at 10:00 am. My first thought was "I can get in a little Division and get something done." Obviously that's wrong because the beta is over now, but that impulse, the idea that with just 30-45 minutes of gaming time, I can accomplish something that will improve my character/experience, I wonder how that might translate 1) to the full game, 2) to GRW, with its co-op centric gameplay.

1a) Will the difficulty levels in TD scale to the point where I can't realistically achieve anything of significance in the main or DZ mode by myself? Perhaps solo gameplay will be best spent crafting and shop-hopping.

2a) How good will the AI be in GRW?
    2b) Will me + 3 AI be sufficient/satisfying to accomplish side missions leading up to a main mission?
    2c) Will the completion of side missions be transferred over? For instance, could 4 people complete the 4 side missions on their own, and then combine their info/progress for the main mission?
    I have withdrawal symptoms too. Roll on 8th March.

That's the cool part of having a free-roam single player element, you're not committed to a long drawn out ordeal every time you want to play.

The AI level seemed to be all over the place in the open beta, they were definitely adjusting it at Ubisoft. Sometimes the enemies would just sit and engage in a stand off fire fight, other times they would chase after you in the same situation (ones with firearms and melee weapons). Most times they would wait for a grenade to land before reacting, but at one point they would move as soon as the shadow came on them - and I don't like that really, especially with rogue players, they shouldn't be able to see I'm aiming a grenade or turret at their location before it's deployed.

My buddies and I were talking about this last night. Which made me research a bit more and see what people are saying around the 'tubes.

So you technically have two potential options to avoid the true frustrations of the Dark Zone:

- There is a DZ currency exchange that will appear in your home base (I believe after sufficient upgrades), that will let you cash in your singe-player currency for Dark Zone currency. However, the issue with that is that weapons will still have a DZ rank requirement. You'll still have to enter the DZ and kill AI and do general ranking up, but the frustration of losing loot from extractions is pretty much removed, especially if you don't pick up any loot and have the yellow target on your back.

- The blueprint system should be a viable way to get top-tier loot or close-to-top-tier. Apparently there was a community podcast stating that some of the best gear can be procured via crafting. But I'm not sure a dev has backed that up.