Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I'm still vaguely interested...
    I was wondering what your thoughts would be. I liked the idea of a Destiny-style game set in a more realistic setting, but I guess part of the loot loop is you have to have bullet sponge enemies with numbers flying off of their bodies to make all the little upgrades you find worth it. I thought this was just going to avoid that, because Clancy and realistic setting, but all that is just a skin on a "traditional" fantasy RPG loot shooter.

Obviously a ton of people enjoy this type of gameplay (hell, I played a lot of it in Borderlands 2), and a ton of people enjoy realistic settings, so even though it's not really Clancy-ish in the traditional sense I'm guessing it will be accepted once people get over the shock of what they expected/wanted it to be.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, I was thinking of the Borderlands comparisons while watching the videos. Coop, loot-based, bullet-spongey enemies... just set in a realistic location with different style graphics. I love the cold, snowy NY atmosphere they created. You've also got your different grenades and "ultimates" for each character that are on a cooldowns, similar to BL. Makes me wonder about the variety of content and locations in the game, though. Borderlands games were big, but they also made you revisit places and kill the same enemies over and over. I can name another big time game that has (had) that same issue.

I'm totally on board with this game if the reviews give me a warm fuzzy.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; January 17th, 2016 at 07:25 AM.

Just read this, perhaps size won't be an issue, but they're already seemingly withholding maps?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/17/107...klyn-at-launch

From what I've read, the game is set in the aftermath of a disaster, before the usual "post apocalypse" setting has fully established. My guess is that DLC launches will coincide with major in-game events that progress the story and also evolve some bits of things, so there will be lots of new content and gameplay attached to it because it will be treated like an MMO expansion pack/event/whatever they're called. Or like when you completed a mission in an old GTA that triggered the bridges opening up.

In a dream world, these events and content releases will be seen as ways to get more people playing the game, not just ways to monetize the people already playing, but that's of course unlikely.

I'm interested in this game and I would love to try the Beta.

But one thing makes me think I will hate it. 3rd person view. I can't stand 3rd person shooters. They always feel very wonky to me. If I'm shooting a gun I want to be able to shoot down the sights.

I'm only vaguely interested because my specific lifestyle right now requires games that I can pause.

So while I think The Division is looking great and really cool, I can't get all hyped up for it since I'd likely be AFK a lot. GR: Wildlands is most likely going to have a robust offline single player game that I can enjoy better.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    GR: Wildlands is most likely going to have a robust offline single player game that I can enjoy better.
    I hope so. They have said you can play with AI squadmates instead of other players, but Ubisoft won't let you play Rainbow Six Siege Lone Wolf missions unless you're online, and you can't pause them. Only the pre-made situations missions (which are seriously lacking in scope) can be played offline.

Ah well, good to know.

(My next two games are The Witcher 3 & Fallout 4 anyway... )

After watching some of the videos posted in this thread I've come to the conclusion this game is just not for me. Which is a shame because I had such high hopes for it.

Like Carlo, I'll be waiting for GR:Wildlands.

I just got an e-mail for a free Beta version this morning.