Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest of the 2015 F1 Championship, shall we?

What are the penalties for exceeding allowed PU updates? At tthis point they may be worth it

They should measure the distance and make them start from there.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Vettel gambled on his tires and lost. He should have settled for some points.

A lot of power unit problems in this one.

I think McLaren needs to be cut a little slack until Honda gets their act together.

The Honda seems to have problems with the hybrid system, both harvesting and deployment. Brundle said they were harvesting when other cars were still deploying and Button had problems when there were up and down G loads on the car such as Eau Rouge. To my mind, Hungary shows the chassis is certainly there or thereabouts as its a track that needs decent mechanical grip and a good chassis. Spa needs horsepower first, aerodynamics second. I suspect McLaren had to take off some wing to stop them being overtaken by the Manor's on Kemmel so to my mind most of the issues lie with Honda. Not sure if it's arrogance, overconfidence, lack of talent or what but Honda are sucking badly ATM. They should have offered another team engines rather than doing the whole single team thing. No doubt Caterham might have managed to survive if they were getting major help/discounted engines. Twice as many miles every race. Honda need to buck up their ideas next season, this season is a complete write off.

It was also postulated that the team might ditch Jenson as they're going to be receiving a lot less money from the FIA for finishing position so they might drop his wage, likely £10-15 million a year, and take either Magnussen or Vandoorne who will be many magnitudes cheaper.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    £10-15 million a year?

Wow. I would drop him for sure. As bad as their car is, there's not much point in having an expensive driver. Supposedly Alonso's getting £25.5 million per year. There are a number of much cheaper young drivers who could finish out of the points almost every race just like they're doing.
    Last edited by overpowered; August 24th, 2015 at 10:08 PM.

I believe the majority, if not all on Fernando's wage is paid by Honda.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Jense wants to be a dad. And between losing his own father and the french vacation incident, he's pretty out of it. Hopefully he wont do a Damon Hill for his last race, though whp cpuld blame him if he did.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    FamF, are you on facebook?
    acket.

Yes, yes I am. I think we're friends?