Page 89 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Isn’t the act of not revealing details and saving them for later the whole point of having a trilogy of films that tell a complete story?

If everything was tied up then episode 8 and 9 would be five hours of watching Poe sitting down to drink a cuppa tea.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Isn’t the act of not revealing details and saving them for later the whole point of having a trilogy of films that tell a complete story?

If everything was tied up then episode 8 and 9 would be five hours of watching Poe sitting down to drink a cuppa tea.
    yes and no...there should also be compelling reasons to want to watch the third installment....as of now, I don't even know what they're trying to accomplish in Ep 9, there's no major cliff-hanger or anything...no plan going forward from what I can see.

Yes, if 9 ended with some awesome revealing plot twists, I can certainly forgive the sins of 7 and 8.

Still, fact remains that 7 was essentially a copycat version of 4 and 8 was just not very satisfying. 5 wasn't very satisfying as well because the Empire struck back hard, but the shock and awe of what Vader revealed made you look so forward to the final installment. The only shock and awe I got out of 8 was WTF did I just watch!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    You now how people make fun of McGregor for failing miserably at delivering the awful dialogue in some of the prequel scenes?
    I wasn’t aware that people were critical of McGregor’s performance in the prequel trilogy. I know the prequels as a whole (and Christensen’s performance in particular) is regarded as odious excrement, but I’m pretty sure it’s generally agreed upon that McGregor was a solid Obi-wan from start to finish.

I’m disappointed that you’re disappointed in Episode 7. Like others have said, watch Episode 8 and you’ll know the true defintion of garbage. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    yes and no...there should also be compelling reasons to want to watch the third installment....as of now, I don't even know what they're trying to accomplish in Ep 9, there's no major cliff-hanger or anything...no plan going forward from what I can see.
    My guess is that Jedi will fade away like Judiasm. No longer about direct lineage. The Force will become available to all who 'believe', or whatever conditions, just as salvation is available to all who believe in Christianity... and Rey obviously will become the Jesus or the One who start it all. Due to the Kylo Ren imbalance, the Force has awaken Rey to bring balance?

Anyway, the main character that really peaked my interest is Finn. After 2 movies, I still don't quite understand why do we need this useless character who with limited powers who'd just continue to want to save the more powerful Rey... Surely Ep 9 will explain all that to my satisfaction?

Not keeping my hopes up.

I said when it came out that Ep 8 did feel like Matrix Reloaded regarding Kylo vs. Rey being like Smith vs Neo.

I mean bringing "balance" to the force, like ying and yang, means there's always evil around right?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I wasn’t aware that people were critical of McGregor’s performance in the prequel trilogy. I know the prequels as a whole (and Christensen’s performance in particular) is regarded as odious excrement, but I’m pretty sure it’s generally agreed upon that McGregor was a solid Obi-wan from start to finish.
    I've seen YT videos where people put together the worst lines he was given. The spirit of my comment was more: "People make fun of a fine actor subject to subpar dialogue".
    acket.

Probably the only good recent Star Wars movie is Rogue One.

I greatly prefer the recent Star Trek movies.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    My guess is that Jedi will fade away like Judiasm. No longer about direct lineage. The Force will become available to all who 'believe', or whatever conditions, just as salvation is available to all who believe in Christianity... and Rey obviously will become the Jesus or the One who start it all. Due to the Kylo Ren imbalance, the Force has awaken Rey to bring balance?

Anyway, the main character that really peaked my interest is Finn. After 2 movies, I still don't quite understand why do we need this useless character who with limited powers who'd just continue to want to save the more powerful Rey... Surely Ep 9 will explain all that to my satisfaction?

Not keeping my hopes up.
    Dude, SW is its own cult. No need to bring your abrahamic bias into the discussion.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Probably the only good recent Star Wars movie is Rogue One.

I greatly prefer the recent Star Trek movies.