Page 85 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Cam forget what you know about the old Star Wars legends. Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.

Junior Potato
    Here’s some conjecture, fresh off the hot plate:

http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold/amp/

Anthology films on hold (Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, etc) while new trilogies from Rian Johnson and GoT showrunners Benioff and Weiss get more focus.

I think this is a very good move.

I enjoyed the Solo movie.

Not as good as Rogue One, but better than Last Jedi.

I feel like they could still go ahead with a well done Ewan McGregor movie... but I don't think anyone was really clamoring for a Solo or Fett movie.

Junior Potato
    I am the opposite. See, the Fett movie was one of the three planned films announced shortly after the Disney acquisition, and I thought it would pair up nicely with a Solo film seeing as they’re rivals and all.

But othe flip side, a Ewan McGregor film about Obi-Wan’s later years would be totally pointless because he literally doesn’t leave Tatooine until Luke Skywalker does. Almost the entirety of his watch over Luke is spelled out already in the comics and in Rebels. There’s almost nothing to make a film off; he does no Jedi stuff because he has to hide his identity. I think the only reason people want it to happen is because McGregor is the right age for the film to be made.

Disney is really not handling this very well.

I don't understand why they're doubling down on Rian Johnson after TLJ.

Solo, by pretty much all standards, can be considered as a blockbuster. It's just not doing as well as expected. This 'disappointment' could very well just be poor time slot with lots of competitions.

Pixar's Incredibles2 and all the Marvel movies are doing rather well. Maybe those successes are giving Disney unrealistically high expectations. Maybe those in charge of Disney SW universe are just not doing as good of a job...

TFA didn't impress me.
    TLJ disappointed me.
    Rogue 1 was pretty cool.
    I'll see how I like Solo later...

BTW, I never see SW movies early in theaters and I actually saw Rogue1 on Netflix. Maybe it's my fault that Disney is disappointed at the early box office #s...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 21st, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Loan Tran...aka Kelly Marie Tran speaks up after she left social media platforms due to harassment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/m...arie-tran.html

I did want to comment on one thing. A lot of people are saying that the only reason she was attacked on social media was racism. I disagree, I think it was a few factors. Sure, racism could be a part of it, but I think it was:

1.) Piling on...they hated other parts of the movie, so they're attacking everything associated with "ruining their childhood"
    2.) She wasn't the cute/beautiful sidekick. Honestly I think she looks fine and felt like your average person.
    3.) Upset with her character arc, script. There's some silly stuff that happens between her and Finn, especially the ending.
    4.) Yes, racism
    5.) a combination of some or all of the above things.

As I have probably said before, people feel like they either can't reach/affect the screenwriters or director as much as the actor, even though Rian Johnson is active on twitter for example.

A lot of people for some reason can't separate the actor from the character and say stupid things. I feel so bad for Loan (her real name) and especially after she was so excited to be part of the Star Wars universe, after being a life long fan. To see her dream being slowly destroyed by internet trolls is saddening.

She needs to develop thicker skin and not let internet trolls bother her too much.

I just hope her role will expand in a more meaningful way in the final movie. Otherwise all these crap that happened to her would really really suck.

She might, but it's easy to say "Suck it up dude" when you're not in the position she is in.

The article goes beyond Internet trolls.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; August 21st, 2018 at 03:45 PM.