Page 103 of 153 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    I’m not sure where the discussion for the next Star Wars game is, so I’ll put this here.

It’s looking good! Almost a Tomb Raider or Zelda-like game, not the linear single player experience that people were expecting.

That looks pretty good. I want to get back into games like this (and Tomb Raider, etc). Tough with my work travel unless I want to go Laptop (yuck).

I know some of these review videos have been posted before but this is one I haven’t seen...hilarious.

Junior Potato
    I often see that one in my suggested videos and I always scroll past it.

It has a great bit about the hyperspace scene.

I pretty much agree with most of what that reviewer said... except the hyperspace part.

I'm assuming prior to reaching 'hyperspace', there is a transitional period that you're still within normal space time... that's when we usually see the spacecraft 'stretched'... and it's only when it disappeared, that's when it entered into a worm hole or another dimension or in some sort of warped reality... So the suicide attack probably happened during the visible 'stretched' part. Whatever objects you want to strike prior to entering hyperspace, it'd better be close enough so that you can actually 'stretch' into it.

As for why this has never been done before? Well, for starfighters, perhaps when it's hit or damaged, hyperdrive are usually damaged as well so you won't be able to carry out such suicide attack... and nobody in their right minds would want to attempt such suicide attacks when everything is fine. Similar to our real worlds... commercial airplanes have been around for a long long time... and it's only until relatively recently that people became crazy enough to fly them into buildings...

So yeah, I'm okay with Rian Johnson's creative twist regarding this prehyperspace suicide attack, as for other criticism about the movie, I totally agree with that review. So Rian Johnson wasn't ALL bad, just mostly bad.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 23rd, 2019 at 09:46 AM.

Saw the final trailer for Rise of Skywalker. Hmm, okay, whatever. I’ll watch it. Emperor Palpatine returns, definitely saw that coming based on the Expanded Universe material, and I know how as well. Yes old Lord Darth Sidious, my all time favorite movie villain (pre-Thanos), and old namesake in this community. A variation of that at least.

Looks promising... I'll watch it to, but not keeping my hope up.

Force Awaken trailer totally got me excited also, but I walked out feeling meh.

Last Jedi trailer was decent too, but I walked out feeling WTF!

Rise of Skywalker at least brought some nice feeling..., hope I will be able to walk out feeling even better...

BTW, perhaps they need to rename star wars..., they now have so many freaking battle/war sequences on land or at sea now. What's up with that?

Since we now know Jedis can fly like Mary Poppins, maybe they could've just have a dueling lightsaber sequence flying in space of something like that!

Junior Potato
    Jedi: Fallen Order

I've played about 3-4 hours this morning on PC, and I'm about to delve into another sesh.

It gets a big old thumbs up from me

There are beautiful visuals, no MTX crap, no corporate EA fuckery, nothing in the way of it being a great game.

Plus it is so great to finally be back in a Star Wars game that's worth playing. It's a more relaxed game, and you have plenty of opportunity to just stroll around and soak in the atmosphere.

It's just... nice.

Sounds good. Will wait for Steam sale.