Page 75 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    It just did. Why do you need more explanation? I swear, this is the plague of contemporary storytelling...
    I don't really NEED more detailed information regarding why..., it's just that Finn so far seemed almost useless.

Rey could very well get off that stupid planet by herself with BB8 and meet Han Solo and blah blah blah...

In this latest episode, whether if Finn sacrificed himself or not, it almost doesn't matter either.

Maybe that's Finn... he's just the catalyst that gets the reactions going, but not really the main star? Without such catalyst, the main character would just remain dormant?

He's a main and quite a likable character, but so far his existence seemed pretty unimportant... other than everybody suppose to just love him? Maybe even Poe?!?!? There must've been gazillion stormtroopers. It'd be nice to know what makes Finn so different and special.

It's just not compelling storytelling thus far or perhaps I missed something... Hope the final episode won't let Finn down.

Anyway, I can sort of understand why TLJ failed miserably in China. They never had the original trilogy... TLJ is just not a very 'compelling' stand alone movie. Very easy to leave the theater thinking what did I just watch?

Also as a non-stand-alone, it also adds little to the entire franchise. Never mind previous episode's build up of Finn and Rey or even Snoke end up falling flat in this movie... major disappointment would the Luke's involvement in all this. He could save a father he doesn't really know, but can't save a nephew that he actually raised? Even if Kylo Ren is just beyond saving, why can't Luke just have a real battle like OB1 did with Vader? What is the purpose of a holographic battle?

It's a long ass movie and they showed a lot of needless stuffs that led to no where. That's the main problem I have with it.

Otherwise, yeah, it's beautifully shot.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 18th, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

TLJ has it's first sub-$1M USD day. China performance is utterly dismal too ($39 million USD to date). Quicker to six figures than both TFA & Rogue One.

Now projections for Solo opening weekend are all over the place, like $60 to $160 million -- a $100 million range? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I still don't understand this movie happening... I haven't really talked to anyone who's actively looking forward to it.
    Well...

Spoiler:
    ...I've just read a blurb that Boba Fett might be one of the antagonists. #dicktwinge

Quote Originally Posted by Random Redditor
    If Episode 9 started with Rey handing Luke his lightsaber I would absolutely lose it lol

Last edited by Kchrpm; January 19th, 2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Is it telling that, after seeing only the first image, I thought the most significant thing was the Wes Anderson collection?

So pretty much what Obi Wan is supposed to have done in ANH when he made the 'dragon' noises and spooked the Sand people. I'm sure I read somewhere they saw some big bad creature in their minds.

The one humorous line I enjoyed:
    "Yeah, they really HATE that ship."

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar