Page 48 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I always thought that if Star Wars had the darkness/seriousness of Alien/s, it would possibly have been one of the greatest movie series in the history of mankind.

But, we got fucking Jar Jar instead.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I always thought that if Star Wars had the darkness/seriousness of Alien/s, it would possibly have been one of the greatest movie series in the history of mankind.

But, we got fucking Jar Jar instead.
    If they had kept the (supposed) plot of Jar Jar secretly being a sith lord it would have helped

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Ron Howard to take over as director of Han Solo movie after current directors fired near the end of principal photography.

I'd love to know what they were doing wrong. From the sound of the quote from the LucasFilm exec, maybe they were going too dark?
    From what I read, writer Lawrence Kasdan and Lucasfilm honcho Kathleen Kennedy prefer very much to shoot to the script, but the two directors were loosening it up and going too far off-script than what Kasdan and Kennedy were comfortable with. And yes, it was going on a lighter tone that initially planned. It was probably a good move for Kennedy to dump the directors, but it's too bad that the movie was so far into production before she made this decision.

Hmm. I was hoping that the 'core' Star Wars films were going to be milder, in the vein of the previous films and the 'filler' in between movies like Rogue One would be a little darker and not quite so rigid. Time will tell I guess.

Heh if that's true I bet Kasdan was getting pissed that the younger directors were veering away from his writing -- so he pulled some strings and called some old friends.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    If they had kept the (supposed) plot of Jar Jar secretly being a sith lord it would have helped

Only redemption of that being, of course, he takes a light sabre up his shit cannon and is split from taint to chin.

Fuck Jar Jar.

Junior Potato
    Who's up for some spoilery Star Wars toy leaks thanks to some slippery Lego leak-fiends?

Mild spoilers within

https://m.imgur.com/a/zrJup

Eh not too bad.

I saw some sort of spoilery info re: Rey & Finn the other day. Probably just fanbait and untrue but here 'tis:

Spoiler:
    There's an image floating around of a discussion panel where the onscreen overlay identified Rey as "Rey Kenobi" and Finn as "Finn Windu".

Like I said, probably just fanbait and rumormongering but I didn't see the image here so...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Eh not too bad.

I saw some sort of spoilery info re: Rey & Finn the other day. Probably just fanbait and untrue but here 'tis:

Spoiler:
    There's an image floating around of a discussion panel where the onscreen overlay identified Rey as "Rey Kenobi" and Finn as "Finn Windu".

Like I said, probably just fanbait and rumormongering but I didn't see the image here so...
    It was fake from what I heard

Ok cool.