Page 81 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    So there's, like, a new Star Wars film out in less than a moth.

That's two in a year!

I'm excited.

And yo Billi the answer to your question is obviously Emilia Clarke.

Looks surprisingly promising.

Junior Potato
    The team behind the Rebels and Clone Wars animated series’ have a new project:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...for-fall-debut

This is excellent news!

Wow. I loved the first two Star Wars movies, but then they lost me somewhere between the Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks. That Solo movie looks really good, and I'll bet I don't have to be up on all the latest Star Wars movies to enjoy this one. My son has been talking about this movie and now I'm looking forward to it also.

The trailer makes him seem somewhere between James Bond, Max Rockatansky, and Bret Maverick.

Thanks for posting that video, RWA. I might not have seen it otherwise.

You should definitely watch Rogue One then, George.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    agreed, I enjoyed Rogue One to the point where I wish Gareth Edwards was going to direct more Star Wars movies

I like Rogue1 as well, way more than the latest SW movies.

However, I can't help feeling a bit let down a bit due to discrepancies between trailer and the actual movie. I feel that Disney probably water down the movie a bit to make the good guys less like terrorists... plus that scene of Jyn facing off with the tie fighter... wonder what that was suppose to be about...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I like Rogue1 as well, way more than the latest SW movies.

However, I can't help feeling a bit let down a bit due to discrepancies between trailer and the actual movie. I feel that Disney probably water down the movie a bit to make the good guys less like terrorists... plus that scene of Jyn facing off with the tie fighter... wonder what that was suppose to be about...
    No, they changed writers like 75% through (This is a recurring theme) and they made several changes before the movie was released.

I know changes were made... that's why the trailer and the actual movie didn't seem to match up well..., just wondering why.

Anyone has any behind the scene take on that?

I thought I read somewhere saying that Forrest Whitaker supposedly had a bigger role training Jyn..., but the rebel resembled too much like the terrorists groups... we don't want to give the impression that terrorists are good guys and making USA looking too much like the evil empire ruled by Lord Donalth Trader...

Junior Potato
    Movies are always evolving, and the script for any film is being revised even as filming is taking place. I know because I’ve seen it first hand. Even right up to the editing stage, the director and script supervisor are in consultation with the writer and editor about what the final version will be.

Rogue One didn’t do anything that any other movie hasn’t done before, the only odd thing is how much we saw in trailers that got removed prior to release. These would otherwise be known as deleted scenes; somehow they ended up in trailers and got cut when the script was revised. Don't be disappointed in their removal, as the film would probably be worse with their inclusion.

Fun fact: Rogue One’s best scene, the one with Vader right at the end, was conjured up and pitched to Lucasfilm only four months out from final release.