Page 61 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

TLJ nets $17m domestic on Wednesday, tracking 23% behind TFA.

By comparison TFA made $38,022,183 on its first Wednesday for an increase of +1.8% from its first Tuesday.

So TFA went up and TLJ continues to track downward from all appearances -- as always, Ross if you have some other data please let me know.

EDIT: $16.9 mil domestic, for accuracy.

Jesus-fucking-Christ, the actual reported amount for Wednesday is $16,889,863, a 16.6% drop from Tuesday. Are they sure this time??
    Last edited by novicius; December 21st, 2017 at 02:21 PM.

If the movie turns out to be well-received and a commercial success then I'm vindicated by my opinion of the movie. In the meantime, the fanboys be frothing.

If the movie tracks downward and doesn't do as well as all of the other vastly overrated movies before it, then I don't really care as I still enjoyed it, AND fanboys still be frothing. Maybe even more as it "destroyed the franchise commercially" too.

Either way, people take it way too seriously, and I win.

It's making money, it's just not making "Star Wars franchise" money.

But I hear you -- promise you'll come back to tell us that over and over again, YW?

Nah, I'm busy, I need to scoot over to the Destiny 2 thread (another franchise featuring magical space wizards) to post about massive outrage over 3 of Coins, Loot Boxes, XP plateauing, etc. etc.

MR2 -
    Nice breakdown.

Carlo -
    I was fascinated by your interest in Wonder Woman's box office details, and I'm fascinated yet again by your interest here. No positive or negative opinion, just fascination. How many movies do you typically follow this closely?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Not many -- only ones that really pique my interests and then only the ones that deviate from expectations, either bad or good. So I initially was following Thor Ragnarok a little bit in the other thread but it's been steadily overperforming industry predictions so... it got kinda safe and boring.

So I will follow the Avengers: Infinity War movie, Black Panther and Star Wars: Solo off the top of my head. Probably add some other ones to that list as 2018 rolls on.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    What's not to understand?
    Y’see, I don’t - literally - don’t know where the problem lies with TLJ.

I loved it. I hold SW in as much esteem as I hold The Legend of Zelda, Lego, and I loved it. Every minute of it.

*looks over at shelving crammed with Zelda, SW, Lego and SW Lego crap*

So it feels like there’s an argument going on in the far reaches of the internet that I feel totally disconnected from. It’s probably not helped by the fact that I choose to put very little effort to seek out fanboy opinions on anything these days, so it’s fair to say that I’m largely disengaged from what the prevailing opinion on things should be.

Yeah Snoke was a wasted opportunity, and Finn’s side quest was a bit pointless, but outside of that, this film kicked arse.

I fully agree about Rose, too. She kicked arse (“OMG you’re Finn!” Next minute, ZAP! Hahahahaha!) and Tran is an awesome and adorable human being.

This didn't give you pause, Mick? It should have.

Spoiler:
    #NotMyLuke
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter User Mankar Camoran Fan Account
    Vader was an inhuman murderous cyborg who ruled the galaxy with an iron fist for 30 years. Luke tries to redeem him and refuses to kill him.

Old Luke senses a teenager might have dark side tendencies and immediately tries to assassinate him in his sleep. #NotMyLuke

EDIT: D'oh! Excellent point -- my bad, sorry!
    Last edited by novicius; December 21st, 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    are we just ignoring spoiler tags now?