Page 65 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I saw it today for the first time. It was okay, I need time to reflect on it. A few good moments, but several really weird ones.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    It's kind of funny that people who didn't love the movie are being labeled "fanboys". 2017 truly is a backwards year
    But a lot of them are! Too much invested in the (or rather, "their") lore and backstory, and a desire to stay nice, warm, and comfortable in the womb. They should get over it. It's a fantasy series about space wizards fighting with laser swords, where all sorts of random stuff can happen, and where technology hasn't apparently advanced for thousands of years.

It's actually not too dissimilar from Trekkies (who are Trek fanboys) bitching about stuff. There's a documentary on Netflix called Chaos on the Bridge, which I admittedly haven't had time to watch, about the pitchforks etc. pulled out during the creation of TNG.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; December 24th, 2017 at 09:09 PM.

That reminds me, I think "laser swords" was my favorite part

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I actually contemplated walking out with the whole "Can you hear me?" bit at the beginning...
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    I actually contemplated walking out with the whole "Can you hear me?" bit at the beginning...
    I remember rolling my eyes at that part. Didn’t think of walking out, but did start to have a bad feeling about what was in store for the rest of the film.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    They could have knocked back the tongue-in-cheek a bit.

I've always thought if they'd do Star Wars in the seriousness of say, Aliens, it (whichever episode) could possibly be the best sci-fi of all time. But they continue to put in groan and hyuck humor for the sake of doing so. I wanted to personally fly to, and murder, everyone responsible for Jar-Jar. From Lucas, to the fucking asshole that provided its conceptual art. Like, a garden rake up their ass and you "churn butter" until their eyes glazed over after the sweet release of death.

That being said, the newest installments are nowhere near that homicidal level of disdain, but for fuck's sake...

Oh, and, fuck Jar-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Now that I’ve had time to reflect on it, I can say I hated it. It was shit.

Spoiler:
    Not really a fanboy, but why mess up a good thing? Why take new fresh and exciting story arcs set up TFA and just take a dump all over them? There was no payoff in this film. I wonder what George Lucas thinks.

Looking forward to Avengers: Infinity War. Don’t think I’m going to get excited about Star Wars ever again.
    Black Panther first though. I can't wait for the inevitable racist backlash complaints that there aren't enough white people in it for some people to be happy.

Regarding TLJ, I enjoyed it, although it was rather different than a 'normal' Star Wars movie. Some humour which, while I found funny and laughed (as did most of the audience) it just seemed a little out of place at times. Sure there have been a funny moment or two in previous films, this one had five or six. Some parts could really have been skipped or edited out and there were a few unusual decisions by most of the characters as well. A decent, enjoyable movie, but I can see why there's so much hate for it, because it was SO different.

Junior Potato
    I liked the porgs. You could say that I am a porg fanboy.

Though, I reckon I’d die with laughter if a gungan made an appearance in Ep 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I liked the porgs. You could say that I am a porg fanboy.

Though, I reckon I’d die with laughter if a gungan made an appearance in Ep 9.
    The island where they filmed is off the coast of Ireland and it's a Puffin sanctuary and they're protected by law so they couldn't interfere with them. It was easier to CGI over them than remove them, hence Porgs are about the size of a Puffin.

I was totally ok with Porgs. That wasn't the humor that annoyed me, personally. Star Wars has always had side characters like that of some sort.