Page 80 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

The director of TLJ is getting to make his own trilogy without any of the characters from the previous movies.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Is that Ozzy Osbourne in the picture up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    The director of TLJ is getting to make his own trilogy without any of the characters from the previous movies.
    He really should just focus on making movies visually stunning, but leave the storytelling part to somebody else.

Or perhaps Disney shouldn't allow multi-directors making up their own stories in the same trilogy...

Anyway, whatever the problem was with TLJ, they really need to explain things IN the movie rather than kept on explaining things in follow up interviews to confused fans.

Well the entire trilogy will be handled by him, do there won't be a conflict between the writers and directors on the different films, he'll be doing all of it.

I don't really think all the extra explanation he has given has been necessary, but people are attacking him and saying his decisions weren't justified, so he's providing his justification.

As standalone movies I was kinda disappointed with TFA because it was a complete knock off of the original Star War movie. Protagonist blows up death star and saves the day!

I'm also kinda disappointed with TLJ because the storyline was so freaking choatic that one can't help but thinking WTF just happened? Maybe it suffered a bit when it failed to deliver some sort of satisfying answers JJ posed earlier..., but still, as a stand alone movie, I just felt Johnson seemed to have a tendency to put too much non-relevant shit in his movies trying to misdirect the audiences. Comparing the 2, I probably like TFA better.

Anyway, I'll probably still watch his future trilogies, but if they still end up with the same irrelevant misdirecting incoherent plot lines, then those will be the last movies I'll watch from him!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    That's the only future SW plans? That's a shame. I mean, it could still be good, and that opens up a lot of freedom. But I really want to see more of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

For movies, that's what they have announced.

It's possible that they'll continue having alternating series, though, so that it remains on an annual release schedule: Rian Johnson movie one year, Rey-based next year.

"But I really want to see more of Rey, Finn, and Poe."

Agreed.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I just want to see more of Rey

Looking at them at the same age, who is hottest?

Rey, Leia, or Erso?

I'm ignoring Natalie Portman on purpose because I liked and known her before her star war appearance so this bias may not to fair to the other SW ladies...

I still think Leia rules, or maybe it's because I'm afraid of Erso and Rey kicking my butt!