Page 123 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Yeah I saw that, it was a very good effort.

He did well to make the Mythrol look silly with a blaster, while complaining about the lack of hand rails. It’s Star Wars man, get used to it
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; November 22nd, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Note: I've never watched any of the other Star Wars TV series, so it's funny how myself and casual SW fans are like "Who?" when the character is seen in the latest episode by the super fans. It's quite a disconnect

Spoiler:
    Ahsoka Tano

You know what's fun, though? Most of the characters you meet in this series are "who?", so it doesn't really matter that you don't also know that one.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Season two of Mando is expanding massively outward and making connections to other things, which is inevitable. Showrunner Dave Filoni has been involved with various TV series since The Clone Wars, and he is bringing central characters that he and George Lucas created all the way through to the post-Imperial era.

Super fans, as well as I guess normal kids who fell in love with SW thanks to The Clone Wars, have seen Ahsoka Tano grow up from her introduction as a young teenage padawan under Anakin Skywalker right up to a young woman and now an older wiser Jedi. So it’s no wonder people like me get a bit giddy when we see our heroes realised in live action.

And I think it’s one of the first times something like this has ever been attempted. They were smart with Bo-Karan Kryze, the female Mandalorian. She was portrayed by her cartoon voice actor, who’s character design surely used the actress’ likeness. It would’ve been quite the rush for her to finally wear the armour.

Next-up: Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn and Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger, maybe end of this season or part way into the next? I’m getting giddy just thinking about it. We finally have an Imperial character that ranks higher than Moff Gideon, so that means Gideon can be killed off, Kryze can take back the Darksaber, and she can lead the reunification of Mandalore. Then the stuff with the strand casted (clones) of baybeeeee Grogu (which are OBVIOUSLY related to Snoke and the rebirth of Palpatine) can be dealt with in some way. Things in the show might devolve into an all-out war between the Imperial remnant/fledgling First Order and the New Republic with the Mandalorians on the edges of the unknown regions with star destroyers and Mon Cala cruisers and the Chimaera might be featured heavily and ooooh I'm about to cum…

Except Snoke is such a shitty character. Hopefully they can do something about this.

I'm getting tired of Grogu.

Grojean, I meant Grogu is so cute! How can you be sick of him?!?!?

Anyway, not a super fan or anything and have no clue where the show is going, but I have to say that this is IMHO the best sci-fi TV EVER!

After the Disney take over, Rogue one was my only favorite, but this show is now in distant 1st place. Overall, I’d even rank this above TNG, my previous favorite...

Gosh, imagine if Disney let the creators of mando do Episode 7 8 9?

I like the show but getting tired of the constant Grogu saturation. It feels like Mando has his hands tied looking after him all the time. I wish he could have handed him off this episode to the Jedi and let the story continue without him.

Now I like Mandalorian and all but Discovery is better in my opinion. As is The Expanse.

Yeah, I really really like discovery and also battlestar galactica, but TNG is still my sentimental favorite...

I’ll have to check out the expanse...

Anyway, regarding Mando, I’m not really all that familiar with his way, but suffice to say that a bounty hunter shouldn’t become too emotionally involved with his bounty... without this baby giving him a purpose, he’d simply continue his way aimlessly... not sure if that’d be more interesting.

Well no one wants mindless bounty hunting...but I just feel a little frustrated with all the Grogu nonsense. And I feel like Mando has been changed a bit due to his interaction with Grogu. So having Mando continue on to discover more things and right more wrongs would be cool. Just not with Grogu "cooing" all the damn time and contributing very little besides trying to get the gear shift knob and eat fish eggs.

Junior Potato
    So you’re saying you don’t like character development or hardship?

The producers of MASH said that they always found ways to put their characters in situations that they hated the most. It’s what made their shows engaging. And MASH went on to become one of the most successful TV shows of all time.

Baby Yoda’s presence in The Mandalorian serves to provide an overarching goal for Din Djarin. Without him, Mando would be floating along on Navarro forever like he did in episode one. It’d be like watching a guy get out of bed to go to work every day.

I don’t think there’s any possibility that you could objectively say that The Mandalorian would be better without the presence of Baby Yoda.