Page 104 of 153 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Man, this game is really really good. It's a must-play.

I've acquired a few skills on the skill tree and I'm starting to feel like a bad arse Jedi who deflects shots and pushes Stormtroopers off ledges. And the lightsaber combat is glorious. It's everything you want it to be.

The format of the game follows a semi-soulslike blueprint, but with easier difficulty, although you can crank it up and make it really hard if you want. It reminds me a lot of Sekiro (the bit I did get through before hitting a brick wall) to the point where I miss the grappling hook mechanic from that game. You spend a lot of time exploring, and the maps you're given are quite large.

There are a few set-piece sequences, like the opening runaway train from the first level. I'm not a real fan of those, because you're more-or-less blindly following a set of button prompts with very little player agency, while you're presented with a slideshow of explosions and destruction. But the game proper is all about traversing expansive levels, completing puzzles, and taking down groups of stormtroopers here and there, although I wish they'd do more patrolling rather than just waiting for you to pop by and be killed.

The real highlight is when you come across the black-clad Purge Troopers. They're difficult to fight, but instead of dreading them like you do with the game's annoying wildlife, it's so engaging that you actually look forward to the encounter. Well-timed blocks and parries are where it's at, just like Sekiro but a hell of a lot more forgiving.

Moving forward, I'm sure this game will be full of secrets and hidden treasures, as well as twists and turns and more sick-arse techniques to learn on my path to becoming a Jedi.

Junior Potato
    If you can only immerse yourself up to your eyeballs in one piece of Star Wars lore before December 20, make it this one.

I finished it on Friday night. It kept getting better and better until the end credits rolled. The final third of the game is not quite a masterpiece, but it’s up there.

Now that it’s done I’ve got more free attention to put towards a dozen-or-so comics, two tv series, and a saga film before Christmas. For Star Wars fans: what a time to be alive!

I've got my gaming schedule more than full, so I can't wait to pick this up on sale sometime next year.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So the official BIG ride has now opened at Disney World called Rise of the Resistance (not opening til January in Disneyland) and so far all of the reviews I've seen (while trying to avoid spoilers) have been pretty much overwhelmingly positive....hearing a lot of "best ride ever" even from people who have seen the best of what Disney does in the Asian parks (hint: Typically better than what they have in the US parks).

Met with this high praise, hearing that the park is having to let people in as early as 6am to not back up traffic etc. my friends and I are going to wake up at 4AM this Sunday, drive there (takes 1.5 to 2 hours) and try to experience it.

If all goes well, I'll leave my thoughts next week

Sounds good. Looking forward to January...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Lucasfilms + Porsche AG design = Nerdgasm!
    acket.

What awesome jobs they have!

This should be an Imperial ship given that they're owned by VAG.

Getting ready to rewatch Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Last Jedi will be painful to sit through, but here’s hoping Rise of Skywalker will be so awesome that Last Jedi becomes...tolerable.

Junior Potato
    What do you mean?

The Last Jedi was objectively great.