Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    So anyway, I've gotta say that Rey is probably the best new character to enter the SW universe since Lando. She is all levels of fucking awesome. I can't wait to see where she goes.

Which is good since

SPOOIIOOOOOIIOOOOIIIUUOILER (you have been warned)

they killed off the last best character. That took real guts on the part of the production team.

Is she Kylo Ren's (AKA the new film's whiny Anakin role) sister? Only time will tell.

I'll put the non-spoilery stuff at the end: TFA is a solid five out of five and JJ and the team did a splendid job. I'll be seeing it again this weekend.

Junior Potato
    Another thing I loved is they way the story arced it's way from small beginnings (mostly regarding Rey's character) and slowly pushed closer towards the Resistance from a perspective of knowing nothing (similar to Luke's introduction to the wider world) rather than what they did with Episode I where it starts with two Jedi who are already in a place of higher understanding.

The interesting part is that both storylines take place in a universe that we know really well, but the way the writers play with your expectations is on a totally different scale.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

I am very disappointed in the lack of spoilers. I was forced to read the plot summary on Wikipedia.

There's a plot?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Spoiler:
    I leaned over to Steph at the bridge scene, and made a guess what I thought would happen next. Go figure. I knew someone had to die.

That said, I was hoping the last scene would be a REAL shock ending with someone getting cut in half.

Drop mic, cut to black.

But, oh well.

But, I liked it, a lot. I will admit when the "lucasfilm" logo and the scroll started, I felt like I was 10. It was awesome.
    Last edited by drew; December 18th, 2015 at 01:08 PM.

Watched it a second time. Still good. Might see it again tomorrow if a young lady is still able to go (it was her idea!)
    Get that weak shit off my track

I liked it. All in all, if you like Star Wars, you'll like this movie. It's as good or better than any of the others, but with better acting and better directing.

The two big questions:

1: What is Lor San Tekka's backstory (Max Von Sydow's character), and how did he get the "thumb drive" with the piece of the map on it?

2: Who are Rey's parents? Why was she "abandoned" (hidden?) on Jakku?

I thought it was really good. I loved the new characters. The dialogue was well done and the use of practical effects and sets made a huge difference. So much so I wish EP1 thru EP3 could be remade using the same method. With better actors, ok maybe just minus Christensen, and minus crap like Jar Jar.

My only minus was the Rebellion blowing up another huge base. I think that is what makes Empire such a great movie. It focuses on the characters. When they stated that if the disabled the power converter it would stop the super weapon I was hoping that's all that would happen, not blowing up the Star Killer Base.