Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Merry Christmas, nerds!
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Noticing a huge disconnect in what happened between:

Spoiler:

Kylo/Ben and Rey and the kiss. Seems that most men I've seen discuss it think it's way out of place and unwarranted, but a lot of women thought it was great and had a build-up of a romance.

Actually...

Spoiler:
    I thought it was well expected: it was like since the first scene they met there was a tangible sexual tension between them.
    If this wouldn't have been either a Star Wars movie and/or a Disney family movie, instead of a kiss we would have gotten a steamy angry fuck between the two of them.

Saw it the other day, still processing, as it’s a lot to take in, especially since it’s the end of the Skywalker saga (supposedly).

Spoiler:

- I don’t have an issue with Palpatine being back in general, I wish it was built up more. Having him be a surprise at the end of The Last Jedi, or having the Rise of Skywalker split into two parts, with him being a surprise at the end of the first part, would have been way better. Having him revealed as returning in the opening scroll just felt weird.

- That being said, Palpatine being back in general kinda takes away from the original trilogy, and Anakin’s overall story arch. His entire existence was to bring balance, and supposedly that was his final action to do that. Maybe would have preferred a new super bad in the back ground instead, dunno.

- Largely don’t like that Rey is a Palpatine. I think it would have been better if she were just a “nobody” or somehow a Skywalker. One thing I do like, though, is the story of not being bound to the same fate as your bloodline. The OT was all about that, and this kinda turned that concept on it’s head.

- I fucking love the Final Order fleet and scenes, it was incredibly ominous. I do not, however, like the idea of Death Star cannons being on every ship so nonchalantly. That big of a fleet is intimidating enough as it is, to put those guns on every ship again takes away from the Death Star (and the Star Killer Base).

- The general expansion of force powers in the Sequel Trilogy is really cool, I like that Leia trained as a Jedi, I like what she did in TLJ, I like Rey’s unique uses, etc.

- I’m glad Ford came back to do the final scene with Ben at the end. I have a feeling it’s because Fisher died, and maybe she was supposed to do that scene instead. In the end, I think it worked out for the best as that seemed to be the more complex and deeper connection of the two, at least of what we see on screen.

- The Ben/Rey kiss was an absolute wtf. I didn’t get a romantic connection from them at all, instead I got a more sibling connection throughout the ST. That being said, I guess it is in line with Skywalkers to kiss their siblings.

- I hope beyond hope that Rey/Finn/Poe get their own movies beyond the Skywalker saga. They are all really great and complex characters. There’s a lot of story to tell, imo.

- The battle horses on the surface of the Destroyer was such a wtf and enjoyable scene.

- I want more ancient Jedi/Sith lore expansion in film, I’ve really enjoyed the teases that we’ve gotten with the ST.

- Snoke being a shitty clone that Palpatine brewed up ends up being ok for me, since I found him to be a rather disappointing antagonist in the first place. But the whole thing was kinda funny.... Oh hey guys, check out all these Snokes.

- The above is a lot of complaints, but in the end, I enjoyed it, as I always do with Star Wars. It’s rarely ever what I expect when I go in, and sometimes that’s good or bad. The movie had a lot of good humor, action, and space magic ridiculousness, and JJ, as usual brought his rollercoaster flare.

Soooooo anyone know if we’re getting more Star Wars movies, or is it pretty much done for now?

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Saw it, loved it. Ok didn't love it, but really really liked it. It was a great effort to pull the story back on the rails after Rian Johnson's fuck up. I can certainly see why critics don't like it...but to each their own. Maybe they went a bit overboard in the fan service department, but whatever. It was great.

My list of complaints are very small:
    Spoiler:
    Finn's arc went nowhere...the whole story felt kind of rushed...and "the kiss"...ugh.

Other than that, all good.
    Spoiler:
    They kept teasing Finn as being force sensitive, I hope if they get new movies, he ends up being a Jedi too. It’d be pretty kick ass to go from being a stolen orphan, to storm trooper, to Jedi.

2022 a new trilogy will start, according to current plans. Current plans also say that it will be all new characters and locations.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Jason: if you want a bit of Jedi/Sith lore on your TV screen, I highly recommend watching the Rebels TV series, and playing Jedi: Fallen Order, as they’re both littered from top-to-bottom with force lore stuff.

They’re not feature films, but they do deliver on what you’re looking for.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    2022 a new trilogy will start, according to current plans. Current plans also say that it will be all new characters and locations.
    Plus we’ve got confirmation of an Obi-Wan series starting Ewan Macgregor, as well as strong rumours of a Doctor Aphra series. More outlandishly, some rumours state that Aphra has already been filmed in secret and will be out in the next 12 months.

Dr Aphra is awesome. You all should go find out who she is!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Plus we’ve got confirmation of an Obi-Wan series starting Ewan Macgregor, as well as strong rumours of a Doctor Aphra series. More outlandishly, some rumours state that Aphra has already been filmed in secret and will be out in the next 12 months.

Dr Aphra is awesome. You all should go find out who she is!
    Copying Star Trek's plans, of course!

Junior Potato
    But not Doctor Who.