Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Agreed. Mandalorian was great!

And the behind the scenes program was a delight. The one on the place where they shot everything with the giant LED screens is crazy. Awesome that they used a game engine to run everything and it really leads to an immersive development process.

Junior Potato
    It was all done with Unreal Engine 4. They could adjust the position of objects and props on the fly during the shoot. That part was critical because all the effects are ‘in camera’ and not in post production like other big budget high SFX productions.

Yeah, we sell virtual set Technology using UE4 too.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The Obi-Wan series is also supposed to use the same tech, and why not...I heard it was like $35 million to install and use. I'm sure the price will come down when more installations happen, but it's really great technology, and hopefully will help TV and movie making become cheaper, which IMO is BADLY needed, especially now

Junior Potato
    I do have one criticism of it, and that's how dim it made the whole show look. It's fine if they're doing scenes with appropriate brightness levels, but when the entire visual language of the series fails to pop then I have a problem. The daytime shots should've been shot on an outdoor set, and the interiors really needed some proper stage lighting.

About the only bright 'outdoor' scene that I can remember is the encounter with the Tusken Raiders on Tatooine, which would have been hard to do because we have already seen lots of Tatooine on screen before. But even then, it fails to be bright enough. Look closely at how the actors are lit.

They must've added a bright overhead stage light to simulate the shine of the overhead suns (and to get some nice bounce-lighting on Mando's armour), with a low camera angle so you can't see it, but only used it as a key light from behind with the faces in shadow so as not to overpower the brightness of the display screens showing the sand dunes in the background. When the camera angle changes from A to B camera the opposite actors are still lit from behind.

That contrast between the shadowed characters and the sand dunes create the illusion of it being bright, but compare it to a shot of old school SW footage from Tatooine and you'll see where it falls short and looks too dim. Instead of a big dark blur, all you see is a big light blur

Junior Potato
    More info on Star Wars Squadrons:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tional-says-ea

EA has confirmed that Star Wars: Squadrons will permit players to decide if they want to see other people's customisation options in their games, as well as revealing that the flight mechanics and HUD elements will be entirely changeable and optional, too.

"Some players aren't going to want to see any of [other player's customisation choices]," creative director Ian S. Frazier told IGN. "It won't matter how plausible it is, they just want to keep it to exactly what we've seen in the films, no more and no less, and we totally get that. And so we have an option in the game to hide everybody else's cosmetics. So if you flip that on, then all of a sudden, if you want to put a racing stripe or whatever on your own TIE Fighter, you'll see it, but everybody else's is just going to look like a normal boilerplate TIE Fighter for you."

This also applies to your own cockpit experience, too; you can decide to have the information that's usually fed to your HUD display only available via cockpit instruments, for instance, or decorate the cockpit with your own good luck charms.

"When you start the story," explains Frazier, "we ask if you want the standard experience - which we'd expect most players to take - or a hardcore mode, which gets rid of a bunch of UI that helps you localize yourself in space, and makes you rely entirely on the readouts in the cockpit. So for the folks that are newer to the genre, I'd expect them to play standard, and for the folks that have tonnes of flight experience, they might want to try that out.

"By default, we keep that relatively basic," added Frazier, talking in detail about Squadrons power management system which helps players decide "how best to utilise their starship's engines, weapons and shields". "If I hit a button, I will instantly max a given system. Our more advanced players could turn that into advanced power management, and they're individually managing pips of power from one system to another. But that's not the experience that we give to an average new user."

As Tom explained when the game was revealed, Star Wars: Squadrons is set in the years after Return of the Jedi and puts you in the boots of both New Republic and Empire pilots, as you dogfight in space battles from within the cockpit of various famous ships.

Star Wars Squadrons launches 2nd October and has cross-play between all of its platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and will be completely playable in VR.
    I absolutely LOVE playing Ace Combat 7 in VR, and that's an instrument-heavy experience. I think I'll slip quite nicely into Squadrons' VR hardcore mode, like a hot dog into a saucy bun.

Junior Potato
    Epic saga looks epic. Blocky graphics tho…

Junior Potato
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Wow! Asian Thai fighters?!?!?!

Get that weak shit off my track