Page 120 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    I thought Solo was meh. It irritated me that there were so many scenes *forcefully winking* as us - 'See, here's why his last name is Solo! You know those dice in the falcon's cockpit? here's when he got those! Here's why 3p0 thinks the falcon talks funny!" Also, I thought the most fun and interesting thing in the whole movie was L3-37, and it just kind of threw her away.
    Wish it had been Lando's movie instead.

Agreed, that seems to be a common trend these days when new producers try too hard to make something relevant from an older franchise.

I definitely think a Lando film would have been better. Donald Glover as Lando worked much better for me than whatshisface as Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Easy answer: PC version. Your Rift headset will have so much more clarity than the PSVR will.
    But then I'll need to upgrade to a Hotas?

I guess more fundamentally, I don't have to move much, right? Because there isn't much space around my gaming pc desk for the normal rift setup, which is in the living room for games such as The Climb...

Junior Potato
    You don't need a HOTAS but it makes it so much more enjoyable... once you get your controls set properly. They were a dog's breakfast when I first launched the game and I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to configure it. Thankfully the game is very consumer-friendly and allows you to use pretty much whatever control scheme you want, AND it allows multiplayer cross-play between PC and consoles if you allow it.

And yeah it's a sit-down experience. Plonk yourself down at the desk and off you go. I have to remind myself that people with certain VR headsets need to use base stations, whereas my Rift S has inside-out tracking, so it's easier for me to just move to a different part of the house.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    that character who supposedly didn't die in the original, um, media that character appeared in?
    Yes. That character was retconned back into the Clone Wars TV series as a way to help deliver the lore for a certain species of humanoid aliens, which Disney kept as part of canon when they bought Lucasfilm. That species has since featured in a lot of other canonical stories in comics and games. The character then ended up in the Rebels TV series and sought revenge from a certain other character where they met their demise. The conclusion of Rebels takes place within a few months of the Battle of Yavin.

Alright mate. I'll figure s on me thing out. I as looking at getting a double T16000 setup for space sims but seems here hotas is better. Anyway...

So I played 40 mins for the first, sort of, two missions after much faffing around. It is good but I am playing on a Rift (not an S) and a Dualshock 4 which made me a bit motion sick.

Recovery not helped by the asshole taxi driver I took to dinner who had basically 50% on/off accel/brake and who thought it was a great idea to randomly steer left and right while driving straight in the lane. But overall it was OK.

Frankly, I'll probably stick with the DS4. It works OK and those school fees are high, man.

Junior Potato
    Nerd alert.

I'm conflicted as to whether I should stay in default control mode (i.e. yaw on right stick, roll on left/pedals/similar), or shift to aviator mode (roll on right stick, yaw on left/pedals/similar/WASD).

I now remember that I used to play Wing Commander in the equivalent of default mode. But in the intervening decades I've mainly played Ace Combat, or Descent, both of which used the aviator mode. There is also discussion about how in space sims it's OK to keep roll on the left since (generally speaking in relation to space sim physics) there's no difference in resistance due to the lack of, uh, atmosphere and all that good stuff.

Is the stick in the movies mapped to yaw or to roll? I have this vague impression that it's the latter, not least because the fighters can go in and out of the atmosphere?

Junior Potato
    I briefly thought about the topic and my conclusion is that the uppy-downy movement on the stick should reflect the pursuit of onscreen targets above and below the field of view, and the lefty-righty movement should cover the targets to the left and right.

This is at odds with typical flight controls (a-la Flight Simulator and Ace Combat) because as you mentioned, steering is dictated by tilting the wings and aerodynamic forces combined with gravity cause an aeroplane to change direction.

In space there is gravity but there is no atmosphere, and everything is considered to be falling at the same rate (so no gravity) which means there’s less benefit to having roll controls on that axis. Combine this with the normally hectic environment of a space battle and it behooves players to make target tracking as easy as possible.

I learned this while playing Ace a Combat 7. That game has a really good HUD which you can basically play the entire game off of (and I almost did, even in VR) and the surroundings were just a very pretty distraction. If I was dogfighting I knew the easiest way to track a target was to put it at the 12 o’clock on the screen and just pull up… assuming there wasn’t any dirt in the way.

I mean... Imma just gonna try both out and see what feels better to me.