Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

MR2-
    I'm sure the reason for the turn will be detailed later, my guess is he was seduced by being the most powerful being in the universe and all that entails.

Not everyone with Force powers is trained. Remember, Anakin wasn't going to be trained because he was too old as a boy. And/or Leia just had no interest in living the life associated with training/gaining those powers.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    MR2-
    I'm sure the reason for the turn will be detailed later, my guess is he was seduced by being the most powerful being in the universe and all that entails.
    Bacon?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    MR2-

Not everyone with Force powers is trained. Remember, Anakin wasn't going to be trained because he was too old as a boy. And/or Leia just had no interest in living the life associated with training/gaining those powers.
    The story is this:

Pre-Empire, if a force sensitive being was born within the jurisdiction of the Republic, they would have been found at a young age (probably by testing for midichlorians!) and offered training to become a Jedi. Anakin Skywalker was born on Tatooine, which has never been part of the Republic, and was not discovered until later in life when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan found him.

Luke and Leia weren't uncovered as force sensitives either but I haven't ever thought about why. It's not much of a stretch to imagine that the Imperial government would have found force sensitives at birth and done some nasty Nazi-esque shit to them. Maybe some serious force juju by Kenobi to protect Luke, and for Leia, who was a member of the Imperial senate for Alderaan, hiding in plain sight… dunno. Forged documents perhaps? You can't hide that from Palpatine.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Spoiler:
    I was also shocked when Coruscant was destroyed. Shit.
    That wasn't Coruscant. It was the Hosnian System.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_system

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    ...Also some conjecture about the Lightsabre 'calling' to her. It appears it's the original Lightsabre that originally belonged to Anakin, given to Luke by Kenobi on Tattooine. That one was blue and lost at Cloud City when Vader cut his arm off. Quite how it got there is indeed 'a story for another time'...
    That's what got me thinking the most.

Because if they found the lightsaber...
    Spoiler:
    then they found Luke's hand as well. The empire has proven in past movies that they have clone tech available to them. And that big bad leader sure looks like a genetic experiment gone wrong. If the leader of the First Order is a bastard clone of Luke... and seduced Luke's best pupil to the dark side... that might of been enough of a trigger for Luke to go into hiding. It would also explain why the First Order has placed finding Luke as priority number one.

All in all, it was a great movie. 3D was excellent as well. Can't wait to see it again.

Junior Potato
    Good thinking there JSG.

I just so happens that there was a cloned Luke in the old expanded universe. His name: Luuke Skywalker.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker

A++ movie, would watch again. I had goosebumps as soon as the music queued up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    My initial hypothesis (posted above) was that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter (Ben Solo/Kylo Ren's sister), but I'm shifting that to her being Luke's daughter. I'm thinking that she was hidden or abandoned there when Ben Solo started fucking shit up for Luke's new Jedi academy.
    That's what I thought too. She had a lot of similarities to Han. But, neither he nor Leia said a damn word to her and didn't seem to know who she was. So, I'm thinking she's Luke's daughter. If they do turn out to be brother/sister, I'd be pretty upset that the lack of emotion by the parents was merely to have a gotcha moment later.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    A++ movie, would watch again. I had goosebumps as soon as the music queued up.
    That's what I thought too. She had a lot of similarities to Han. But, neither he nor Leia said a damn word to her and didn't seem to know who she was. So, I'm thinking she's Luke's daughter. If they do turn out to be brother/sister, I'd be pretty upset that the lack of emotion by the parents was merely to have a gotcha moment later.
    Spoiler:
    I agree with the Rey Skywalker theory. I also think that Max Von Sydow's character was there to train, mentor and protect Rey. Rey knew her father was a Jedi... she was waiting for his return. Max Von Sydow was there with the information of Luke's location, doing his best impression of Old Ben Kenobi... and would be giving that information to Rey when she was ready. The idea of Max Von Sydow training Rey is a bit of stretch... but I think it ties nicely to explaining how Rey was able to do so much Force shit. I don't think it was her first rodeo at trying out all of those Jedi techniques. Also explains how she was able to get the upper hand on Kylo when he told her that she needed training in the Force... it seemed to me she reacted as if that helped her recall some training. She relaxed, Force'd up, and kicked his ass.

As a side note... I really enjoyed the lightsaber action in this movie. It seemed believable. Longer duration fights showed the opponents tiring and struggling. I liked that new twist.

I think the big gotcha moment is gonna be if we find out Finn is Lando's son. (That's just my wishful thinking.)

Junior Potato
    Finn would be one of Lando's many sons, I'm thinking. He's got that allure about him that women just can't resist.

'Taken from a family that [he] never knew'?

Naw. He's the son of a whore who offered cheap booty to a drunken Calrissian one lonely night, and gave him up for adoption into Stomtrooper ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    That's what got me thinking the most.

Because if they found the lightsaber...
    Spoiler:
    then they found Luke's hand as well. The empire has proven in past movies that they have clone tech available to them. And that big bad leader sure looks like a genetic experiment gone wrong. If the leader of the First Order is a bastard clone of Luke... and seduced Luke's best pupil to the dark side... that might of been enough of a trigger for Luke to go into hiding. It would also explain why the First Order has placed finding Luke as priority number one.

All in all, it was a great movie. 3D was excellent as well. Can't wait to see it again.
    He does kind of look like the cloners, but... you know... injured and old... now that you bring it up... maybe the supreme leader is an evil Kaminoan(?), and he used the clone tech to clone Luke. But for whatever reason Rey ended being a lady instead!

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
    Last edited by Jason; December 21st, 2015 at 06:18 AM.