Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Cadet Solo checking out the new kids piloting pod racers.

acket.

Junior Potato
    HYPE

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    RANT Incoming

So...if you haven't seen/heard much regarding this...Disney is opening a Star Wars themed hotel next year in WDW, next to Galaxy's Edge. Called the "Galactic Starcruiser", this ~$5,000 per person for 2 night experience (slightly less if you have more people) will "immerse" you in Star Wars supposedly with what seems to be a LARPing type of experience.

Disney has been releasing some preview videos recently. One released about 2 weeks ago was so badly received that Disney actually removed the video entirely and haven't re-uploaded it. They've released a few clips and, photos...almost entirely still concept art, even though the hotel is scheduled to open this March. People who put down deposits previously and the full amounts that were due this past week have made MANY cancellations. The video looks like it's from The Fifth Element, not Star Wars

I do like Galaxy's Edge, and "Rise of the Resistance" is the best story-based attraction ever made, bar none..........but this....this is waaaay off base for what Star Wars fans would want.

There will be books written IMO about how far off-base they're doing this...in fact, I'm tempted to write a whole book about it myself....as theme park fan I've been following it since it was first announced and....oof.

Here is a genuine reaction from one of the top Star Wars fans on Youtube of the video that was since removed...you can still see it on his video (and IMO is a very fair and level-headed fan overall):

Last edited by MR2 Fan; December 13th, 2021 at 07:06 PM.

Yeah, looks lame even if it’s just a ride within the park… let alone paying additional $5k!?!?

I wouldn’t mind paying $500/night to stay in an Enterprise D or DS9 replica hotel or something… but that’s the wrong topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yeah, looks lame even if it’s just a ride within the park… let alone paying additional $5k!?!?

I wouldn’t mind paying $500/night to stay in an Enterprise D or DS9 replica hotel or something… but that’s the wrong topic!
    Agreed and they...mostly did that in Las Vegas, though sadly I never got to see it in person

First episode of Boba Fett has dropped.

He's a bit of a determined stubborn tank of a character I'll give him that much. Without spoiling anything, I felt that all that really happened is that it started to put down the foundation of a story. Now we wait for the story to unfold.

Head nod to them for having a very Kiwi conversation with the guard dog though.

Felt very star warish, very similar to Mandalorian though. Without a cute baby yoda character, I wonder how the show will develop…

I wonder if these spin-offs will eventually give us good explanations of why the future movie trilogy became so lame?

Yeah, nothing too special in the first episode and it didn't feel too much different than The Mandalorian yet. I did like showing how he escaped the Sarlacc pit