Page 145 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1521

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Obi-wan kicked major ass. What a finale! The cameos were great.

I read Ewan McGregor is open to doing a second season. Let's see if it happens. Even if it doesn't, I'm content.

I'd like to see a second season, ideally with more flashbacks. I'd like to see them be able to portray a much more nuanced Anakin. By all accounts, the actor has the chops to do it, and it would be tremendous for him to be able to "redeem" (kind of) the character from the prequels. I think both the actor, and the role, deserved a better character to work with.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I'd like to see a second season, ideally with more flashbacks. I'd like to see them be able to portray a much more nuanced Anakin. By all accounts, the actor has the chops to do it, and it would be tremendous for him to be able to "redeem" (kind of) the character from the prequels. I think both the actor, and the role, deserved a better character to work with.
    If you haven’t seen it… Clone Wars TV series.

The broken Anakin seen in this finale was amazing, made all the better by being a fan of that show.

I re-watched the scene maybe five times now and I’m still not ok. It’s harrowing.

I haven't seen Clone Wars. Will add it to the list

Junior Potato
    Leon do you have a sub to Disney+?

If so, check out the curated playlist 'Clone Wars Essential Episodes'.

If not, download and watch the following, in this order (yes they may be out of order it is a long story):

Season 1
    e1
    e5
    Season 2
    e5
    e6
    e7
    e8
    e12
    e13
    Season 3
    e2
    Season 4
    e21
    e22
    Season 5
    e6
    e1
    e14
    e15
    e16

e17
    e18
    e19
    e20

Playlist ends here.

You may notice that I have bolded a few episodes from season 5. This is for a reason. If you reject the rest of it, at least set aside 2 hrs and watch these four. After this you may be convinced to watch the whole entirety of the 7 season run. Otherwise...

Following that playlist watch:

Season 6
    e1
    e2
    e3
    e4
    e10
    e11
    e12
    e13

All of season 7, but change the order to:
    e5
    e6
    e7
    e8
    e9
    e10
    e11
    e12

Good god that show has been running a while.

Junior Potato
    It has. Then it got cancelled. Then it got resurrected for half a season (6).

Then cancelled again.

Then Disney bought Lucasfilm and season 7 came out in 2020 and it was the best thing ever.

Apparently I have series 1-6 already. Which suggest I've probably watched some of this already. Hrrmmmmm.

Nope, looking at plot synopsis of episodes, I have obtained, but not viewed any of this.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/06/ob...pt-1234737478/

Original script/story called for 3rd sister to die(for real). I think that would've been a better story. I'm guess they probably changed it to save her for another show?

Don't want to make the same mistake as Rogue 1 perhaps? Ended up with a hit movie but unable to figure out a way to spin off any more sequels in any way? I think that's the main reason why that movie/story ended up great.

Junior Potato
    I have been enjoying the hell out of Andor, because... well, of course I have.

People call it boring and mundane, but that's exactly what the intention is. It has found a story that is tense and exciting, but transcends the normal Star Wars fare and reaches up to the realm of just good TV.

That is to say, that it doesn't lean heavily on Star Warsy things like troopers and space battles to help carry it into popularity. So of course the hardcore Star Wars fans hate it

This week's episode was the best one yet, I think. Right about halfway into the episode I noticed that there was no dramatic music playing, as it had built a tense atmosphere all by itself. One of those great 'quiet before the storm' moments.

More please!