Page 32 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Weird. Like Vader suddenly became part of the Winnie the Pooh universe and decided to go on a march through the forest with the gang.

Nah, it just sounds rubbish.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    NEVER try to outdo John Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    He is not a new recruit. He has been trained since he was a child, but had never seen combat. Conversely, Rey had likely never been formally trained but had to fend for herself from a young age.

I do not think Finn is overly Force sensitive, though it is possible, we don't get enough information either way. It's obvious that Rey is far more Force sensitive, at least. I don't remember clearly, but from what I can tell from a Google search, Snoke says he has sensed an Awakening after Han and the crew head for Maz's. At this point, Rey and Finn find out that the Force is real, that the stories they have heard are true. Could that have been enough? Or perhaps was it when the two of them were doing things in the Millenium Falcon that neither could explain? Hell, it's possible the reason Han was so good at flying and shooting was that he had some latent level of Force sensitivity (and it would partially explain why it was so strong in his son).

It would follow the first trilogy to have two Force sensitive leads, but only one who is able to channel it physically (Leia is only ever able to sense the presence of others IIRC, and at no point shows interest in developing her powers, let alone becoming a Jedi).
    Sorry, yeah, meant to say that he's an inexperienced 'rookie'. So far he's only instrumental in inadvertently connecting all the dots together..., maybe that's all the Force wants from him, but I suspect he'll probably become more useful later?

And speaking of music, is it just me that Ep8's music didn't impact me as much?

I was seriously wowed visually and moved musically by the trailer... I didn't went as far as crying, but it was awesome.

However, the movie seriously failed to wow me nor did the music moved me that much. Not sure what happened. Need to see it again to see whether if I was just too focused on the movie or perhaps there was really just less music... or did John Williams lost his touch....

I definitely enjoyed the music during Rey's introduction, how she had a cool, complex main rhythm that just kept changing instruments as it repeated.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    NEVER try to outdo John Williams
    Unless your name is Ennio Morricone.

Junior Potato
    Shall we create a new thread for Rogue One, or is it better to rename this General Star Wars Thread?

Wow! Things look so much like the original trilogy... The modern twist of course would be the female lead.

Makes me kinda worry that my daughter is going to grow up believing that she can do it all and there's no need for stinking men! All they do is mess things up!

Cool, something new and shiny to look forward to

I don't see many movies on the big screen, but clearly I'll be seeing all the Star Wars movie on the big screen.

So. I would think we should see Vader in this movie.......right?

Which Holy Fuck that will be awesome.