Page 60 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    I liked the movie, a lot.
    Fuck star wars fans (no one in particular, seriously, just saying).
    I’m a huge Star Wars fan, that much should be obvious to the casual observer, but I also loved the movie as well. I thought it was phenomenal.

So yeah, fuck Star Wars fans. And fuck Rick And Morty fans.

And most of all…

Fuck Star Trek fans

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Inheriting a movie in a franchise that has so much lore, and then disregarding / discarding the lore seems as counter intuitive as mocking fans of a movie franchise in a thread discussing said franchise.
    "Fans" don't own the franchise or any part of it. The things that Carlo complained about are the very things that I LOL about everytime I think of some outraged 400lb Comic Book Guy spitting bile about how only "his and TRUE FANS'!!!! " understanding is right.

Not that Carlo is that guy. He agrees with several of the other points, so he's not totally lost.

Hey thanks! ...I think.

Damned by faint praise.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think Rian Johnson is going to be looked at badly by a lot of fans no matter what happens. If Episode 9 is good and clears things up, people will say JJ Abrams fixed it. If it goes badly, people will blame Rian Johnson for ruining it, starting in the previous movie.

Junior Potato
    I honestly don’t know what the friggin problem is. It’s a great film! Damn fine, in my book.

Turns out I’m not such a precious SW fan after all (though I did suffer my way through Crystal Star many years ago - it does tend to rattle one’s purist outlook of what a random EU story should be).

It means you have a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I honestly don’t know what the friggin problem is. It’s a great film! Damn fine, in my book.

Turns out I’m not such a precious SW fan after all (though I did suffer my way through Crystal Star many years ago - it does tend to rattle one’s purist outlook of what a random EU story should be).
    What's not to understand? The exact same lead cast (with the wonderful addition of Kelly Marie Tran) is starring in a movie that is divisive. One guy wrote the script and directed it. Where do you think the fault lies? Am I flaming the shit out of Adam Driver or Daisy Ridley? Nope! #rianjohnsonsux

We can certainly just chalk it up to differences in opinion -- but ultimately money is money. So ignore the "hardcore Star Wars fanboys" if you want but right now even the General Audiences seem to be watching it once and staying home.

“Star Wars” Box Office Decline? “Last Jedi” First Tuesday Receipts Are 42% Off from “The Force Awakens”

Quote Originally Posted by Showbiz411.com
    There’s a feeling that “Jedi” is soft at the box office. I don’t know why. It’s just as good if not better.

When Wednesday's numbers are released, for better or worse I will post them here.

I sense much conflict in him.

Oooof. That one was really rough. Almost put me off of SW books entirely.
    -Formerly Stabulator