Page 73 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    No worries. Surely the final episode: The Last Hope will be able to restore everything!

BTW, I think one major element missing is the sexual tensions or unclear love interests between main characters.

2 Episodes in, the only clear relationship is the budding one Fin developed with a brand new character!?!?!? Is there a love triangle between Rey, Finn and Kylo? If so, they're not very compelling anyway.

Missing or hidden love stories is another clear departure from the other trilogies... which probably also contributed to the somewhat lackluster box office.

People enjoy a good love story! So far not so good.
    No, it's Rey, Finn and Poe

Poe just met Rey.

Rey also probably already had Jedi sex with Kylo. For sure Kylo has the hots for Rey.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Poe just met Rey.

Rey also probably already had Jedi sex with Kylo. For sure Kylo has the hots for Rey.

No, I mean Finn and Poe, then Finn and Rey

Junior Potato
    I wanted to see a bit of Poe and Holdo action. She does alright for an old duck.

Carlo - Have you seen this? It was on before the previews of the last movie I saw, and I immediately thought of you.

https://fantasymovieleague.com/
    Compete against friends or a league of movie lovers to win movie tickets, swag, and more
    Pick 8 movies each week to fill your virtual theater
    As the box office climbs, so do you. It's easy to play, hard to master, and all for free!

Nice!!

I would have lost my ass tho' because based on what I was reading before release, I would have put TLJ as a major overperformer.

::

The synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story is out:

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by StarWars.com
    Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy.

Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

I still don't understand this movie happening... I haven't really talked to anyone who's actively looking forward to it.

It was originally approved in 2013 to be a part of a "Star Wars Anthology" series.

Rogue One did $1.2B WW so Disney probably thought these were each going to be surefire moneymakers. Somewhere along the way, Disney execs (and the public?) turned on Solo.

We should be getting our first trailer any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    No, I mean Finn and Poe, then Finn and Rey
    Everybody just loves Finn? Why is this ex-storm trooper such a hot commodity? Not explained very well...

I'd also like a better explanation of his original defection. How did the Force wake him up and for what? 2 episodes in, I'm still confused about Finn.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    It was originally approved in 2013 to be a part of a "Star Wars Anthology" series.

Rogue One did $1.2B WW so Disney probably thought these were each going to be surefire moneymakers. Somewhere along the way, Disney execs (and the public?) turned on Solo.

We should be getting our first trailer any day now.
    Personally I'd much rather see an Obi Wan movie, but what do I know.