Page 78 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I know that she's mo-capping the droid, but by 'whatever she's doing' I meant "I like her, and find her performance choices interesting and funny, so I'm curious to see what she brings to the equation."
    -Formerly Stabulator

"L-A-N-D-O"

Junior Potato
    OOOHHHH indeed.

Mmm, lovin' it.

[golf clap]

Junior Potato
    Been reading a whole bunch of the new Marvel Star Wars comics recently. I’ve never been into comics, but hey, whack a Star Wars logo on anything and I’ll take an interest.

Holy shit balls they’re cool. Some of the stories are awesome, and the artwork is fucking rad.

There’s a bit where Vader hires Boba Fett to hunt down the the then-unknown pilot who destroyed the first Death Star, who trails him to Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine, just as Luke makes a return to the old man’s hut in the search for clues on the Jedi. This leads to a showdown where Luke narrowly escapes with his life; not being killed in an encounter with the bounty hunter is lucky business.

Later, Fett returns to Vader on his Star Destroyer and reports that he found the kid but he got away. Vader is looking out a window at the Imperial fleet.

“Did you learn anything about the boy?”

“Not much,” replies Fett (I’m reading it in my head with Temuera Morrison‘s Kiwi accent), “just a name…”

The next comic panel focuses on a profile shot of Vader’s helmet, with Fett’s revelation lingering in a speech bubble:

“Skywalker.”

Vader’s fists tighten and the glass pane starts to shatter.

Junior Potato
    The final episodes of the Rebels TV series have come and gone. Dutifully, I sat and binge-watched the remaining few hours of it this evening. Every 2018 episode, back-to-back, in one sitting.

It was amazing.

There was no neat and tidy dovetailing into the Battle of Scarif or anything easy like that. It didn't step anywhere near Original Trilogy territory. It had its own story to tell, and it came to its own conclusion... and left a delicious cliffhanger for us to salivate over as well. Oh what a ride that will be when it finally comes to pass!

My favourite moment came in an episode about half way through, which could be seen as a love letter to Star Wars stories all across the timeline. It was an incredibly powerful scene that was executed beautifully. Suffice to say, if you are keen on watching the show (which I very much recommend you do) then don't go anywhere near THIS LINK out of respect for spoilers, but if you haven't got the patience for a kids show about space wizards then click away and be ready to see something pretty cool.

Finally saw TLJ. There are a number of parts that just left me with many unanswered questions.

Spoiler:
    If simply suiciding a ship into another at light speed destroys them both, why are they not using remotely piloted ships as kamikaze missiles? I mean that smallish rebel cruiser took out a massive ship AND jacked up pretty much every other ship in that fleet. Why couldn't they have taken the fuel from the other two ships and put them into the larger cruiser in order to run longer.

They appear to have killed Phasma twice now, is she going to reappear in the next installment again?

Junior Potato
    I can’t comment regarding the light speed thing, but I can comment on Cpt Phasma.

She didn’t die on Starkiller Base. She escaped and hunted down the last remaining witness to her lowering the base’s shields.

There’s a four-part Marvel comic on the subject; it’s quite a good read.