Page 84 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is that enough to confuse a 6 year old?
    acket.

Seriously, I find that proper westerns bore the hell out of Bruno but a macncheesed western like Lego Batman can be engaging for him.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I’d put it on a level with a good Marvel film like the first Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy. More adventure than western; I think that word was used because someone somewhere speculated that they’d turn young Han Solo into an Eastwood-esque gunslinger but that’s not really the case. The only real downer was a fairly flat third act that increased tension but reduced its pacing somewhat, but overall it’s a delight to watch.

That was my worry, Quest-type adventures like GotG are not really his thing. The wife thoroughly enjoyed that Australian version of Journey To The West on Netflix, but the young one did not care one bit about it.

Rogue One on the other hand had him on the edge of his seat, but that's a WWII sacrifice movie right?
    acket.

So I took the 16 year old to see Solo as he had yet to see Deadpool. And, well, lets just say it was....decent actually. There wasn't a huge amount of Star Wars stuff being thrown in your face in the middle which was good and it was nice to see the dirty, boots on the ground stuff you just don't see in the main SW films. A bit slow in places but overall a decent effort. Surprisingly.

Reviews mostly sounded positive, but for some reason it's going to be viewed as a box office dud.

Wonder if the fans are still protesting about TLJ...

Anyway, I plan to see it eventually..., probably shouldn't judge a movie by just the 1st weekend opening...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I do think fans are still upset about TLJ as it is still being discussed, so in that regard, I'd say yes, there is some fatigue.

now if TLJ was highly rated then I think we might see a higher turnout for Solo.

The other problem I see is that these movies keep going back and forth in timeline.

Order of release:

Ep 4
    Ep 5
    Ep 6
    Ep 1
    Ep 2
    Ep 3
    Ep 7
    Ep 3.9
    Ep 8
    Ep 3.1?
    Ep 9

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    also...

Last edited by MR2 Fan; May 30th, 2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: edited to post clearer photo :)

Junior Potato
    Caaaaarooooool!

Nah the best way is (as before, with amendments) original trilogy first, then sequel trilogy. Watch the side films at your leisure, as long as you’ve seen the OT first.

It’s not as if you need to construct an elaborate mathematical formula to get that across, although that could change if the rumoured (and IMO totally un-needed) Obi-Wan film is made starring Ewan Macgregor. If that happens, just friggin watch them in the order in which they were made. That probably could apply regardless.

Yeah, just watch 'em in the order in which they were made.

Speaking of watching, I saw Solo last night and was entertained. Lots to like. They were hitting all the tropes, but I should expect that, I guess. There were some contrived bits.

Spoiler:
    I thought the Maw creature bit was stupid. I read somewhere years ago that the Maw Cluster was a few black holes in close proximity that normally had to be navigated around. The Empire built a secret base in there. I think they should have just hinted at a large base and left it at that.