Page 86 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Junior Potato
    There was not even a hint that it sounded like she needed to harden up.

Toxic fans have been absolutely shitty about the new trilogy... Can't stand a woman being a quick learner Jedi. Can't stand there being a black main character. Can't stand that other people of color have major roles.

TLJ wasn't my favorite SW movie either, but Jesus, it's a damned movie, it's not that serious. People need to find better things to do with their lives other than spew hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    She might, but it's easy to say "Suck it up dude" when you're not in the position she is in.

The article goes beyond Internet trolls.
    No, I didn't say she should suck it up, just that she should shake it off!

In all seriousness, though I'm no celebrity, but I think I kinda know what she's going thru.

I was born in Taiwan by parents who came from China. So Taiwanese see me as outsider. If I were to "return" to China, surely they'll see me as an outsider too. Now as a naturalized American, will Trump supporters embrace me? Forget about how white americans see me, I've been beaten up by black kids in school too. Anyway, ignoring my asian face or whatever physical features, I don't even really feel I fully fit in here in this forum!

Anyway, it's important to know who we are and what we're doing... we also need to know not everybody's gonna like you. We don't have to try to fit-in and lose ourselves attempting to make people like you more. We also don't have to run away and hide such as shutting down accounts and allow haters to bully you.

Her using her real name now is a good start. I do hope she does well in the future. I would seriously hate SW if her role in the final installment proved to be a meaningless one...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 22nd, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Toxic fans have been absolutely shitty about the new trilogy... Can't stand a woman being a quick learner Jedi. Can't stand there being a black main character. Can't stand that other people of color have major roles.

TLJ wasn't my favorite SW movie either, but Jesus, it's a damned movie, it's not that serious. People need to find better things to do with their lives other than spew hate.
    But...but...RUINED...CHILDHOOD...MEMORIES!!!

Sounds like some snowflakes need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get the fuck over it(and I am not referring to Ms. Tran).

Junior Potato
    THE MANDALORIAN

The costume looks sick

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    2 geeks try to decide which order to watch all of the Star Wars movies....believe it or not, it doesn't go smoothly

I've decided to re-evaluate my recommendations for which order to watch them as well.

There's no perfect order, but how about this:

Rogue One
    A New Hope
    Empire Strikes Back
    Phantom Menace (Optional)
    Attack of the Clones (Optional)
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi
    Force Awakens
    Last Jedi
    .......Solo
    Episode 9

I wonder if Episode 9 will either make Last Jedi better by virtue of finishing plot points, or even renders it not even needed to be watched.

I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I disagree!

I think that's the challenge, getting any two Star Wars fans to agree on the order to watch the films

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I disagree!
    I agree! [I don't know what we're arguing about, but as a fangirl, I want to be involved in any fight on the subject ]

Someone will probably do a "master" edit once Episode 9 comes out....maybe a 6 to 8 hour highlight of the best parts of all of the movies and in a good storyline sequence.

Edit: Actually, I would love to do this if I had lots of free time and a really good PC
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; December 27th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.