Page 92 of 153 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Can’t wait.

However, I don’t like how Disney has named it. Galaxy’s Edge sounds like something Samsung makes...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Just a note, when Universal Orlando opened the first Harry Potter themed area....and Universal's 2 parks were somewhat popular but still had attendance issues....the crowds looked like this:

For context, this is pretty far away from the actual entrance to the park itself, so this is just about half or less of the actual line waiting to get in that day in 2010.

The Galaxy's Edge line will probably be similar and it will be very interesting how Disneyland (first) handles those crowds.

Disneyland is not only expanding the park, parking structures are being expanded as well. From the looks of it, they can probably double their parking capacity. They now charge $25 just for parking your car. These fees and high ticket prices will be in place to control crowds!

Junior Potato
    I think I’ll be fine with car parking. The biggest thing I’ve got to worry about is finding a spot for the A380.

Updates on Galaxy's Edge opening dates

Disneyland on May 31st ****
    WDW on August 31st ****

**** ONE of the big rides will NOT be opening on those dates for both parks. The Rise of the Resistance attraction is expected to open a few months later in both places. Not sure if it's due to more time being needed, to better control crowds, or both.

Seems JJ Abrams confirmed possibly that there was NO overall plan for this current trilogy of Star Wars 7-9 and that's part of the reason I hated TLJ so much.

It will be very interesting to see what JJ does with Ep 9

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Avi Arad is a much better showrunner than Abrams.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Avi Arad is a much better showrunner than Abrams.
    Agreed.

I can't believe Disney bought this franchise and totally dissed George Lucas' vision all the while having no vision of their own and allow 3 different directors to freely do whatever they want...

It's also interesting that Disney while allowing directors the freedom initially would then later on pull their plugs...

Anyway, unbelievable.

Hopefully the Force will somehow make this trilogy all work out in the end. May the Force be with Episode 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    George Lucas' vision all the while having no vision of their own...
    You must not be savvy on Star Wars lore: George Lucas original vision of Star Wars was utterly shite and it was not supposed to be a trilogy at all.
    He run with it for 3 movies each time without really knowing where he was ending up. (Wait, where I've heard that before? The mind boggles...)
    Also revisionists may tell you neither him, producers nor other writers did actually came up with the "I'm your father" plot twist.

Well, from what I understand... he wanted to bring back Flash Gordon to the big screen, but couldn't obtain the rights, so instead he decided to make his own space opera. Then later on he was in a severe car accident and while in the hospital, he read some book about the power of religion and adding it to a story to make it more compelling and "the force" part of the story was born.

Then something, something, single movie, not planning to have Luke and Leia be brother and sister "Looking for love in Alderran places"...etc. etc.

I think the issues with the current films are more apparent when Kevin Feige (among others helping him) can wrangle 22 films together in a single decade and have it all very cohesive and they're much more diverse in setting and story than the Star Wars films