Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So....Galaxy's Edge opened recently in Disney World...well, most of it at least, and due to low crowds, I've visited it twice for about 3 hours each time.

The land will feature two attractions. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run (now open) and Rise of the Resistance (not open til December).

Rise is supposed to be the BIG one....biggest ride Disney's ever made I believe, but until then, the Falcon ride is decent...basically a simulator where you have to steer, or push buttons to somewhat affect the flying. Oh and you're not riding with Han Solo, or Lando, but Hondo from one of the TV series and Chewbacca makes a cameo in the pre-show....it's decent.

The land itself is huge, but still missing something. They have blue milk which is really good (not actually milk), and green milk which I didn't try.

You'll see a couple of stormtroopers walking around, sometimes you'll see Rey or Kylo Ren, but there's definitely a lack of characters and interaction around. To do most things, like build a lightsaber or a droid, you'll be spending a lot of money.

There's also a complete lack of music in the land, which is an odd choice. You do hear, VERY CLEARLY, some very loud sounds of spaceships taking off and landing, and wow did they put a lot of work into making that sound real. But music, especially John Williams music would have made the land feel a lot more special. Oh, did I mention you're on a different planet than any of the movies? A place called Batuu. I guess it's been randomly referenced before, but nothing really points directly to an existing movie.

I didn't go into Oga's Cantina, as the drinks are too expensive and you have to make reservations.

There's also a Play app to play games with QR Codes and puzzles around the land but I couldn't get it to work.

Overall, I hope we'll see a lot more droids, characters, music, and other types of shows or features around the area. Crowds on both coasts have been WAAAAAY below expectations and I'm sure Disney execs are scratching their heads. Perhaps putting everything in the new trilogy wasn't the best idea? I don't know.

They screwed the fans over with TLJ and charged insanely expensive ticket prices, so the lower than expected attendance probably should be expected.

People speculated that the movie Solo only bombed because of TLJ too, right?

Hopefully the final installment will end well, along with Rise of the resistance opening up, maybe Disney and Star Wars fans will finally be able to make amends...

Anyway, low attendance is good for us... our annual passes are about to expire soon, daughter is now 7 yrs old, so probably won’t renew the passes anymore... looking forward to visiting it soon without having to fight a huge crowd.

Junior Potato
    I saw that Jack Black went there in a Jablinski video, it looked kinda fun. The droid building section would definitely interest me!

Maybe to build atmosphere they could give everyone hideous brown cloaks to wear and increase the numbers of stormtroopers. They could let you have a quick look in the cantina and build areas, but then kick you out if you’re not spending money. Ramp up the classist overtones and oppressive authoritarianism for that really authentic Star Wars feel.

You’re not really living under the Empire if you’re not living in fear.

Haha! Cool ideas!

However, I heard Disney cut the work hours of those characters due to low turnout... so maybe there would’ve been more stormtrooper had the turnout be greater.

I planned on getting a thermal detonator coke. Did you get one MR2?

You know the going rate for those things? Need to smuggle some out...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 14th, 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Haha! Cool ideas!

However, I heard Disney cut the work hours of those characters due to low turnout... so maybe there would’ve been more stormtrooper had the turnout be greater.

I planned on getting a thermal detonator coke. Did you get one MR2?

You know the going rate for those things? Need to smuggle some out...
    one of my friends got a diet coke thermal detonator, it's like $6.95 or something

How did they screw the fans over with TLJ? Mind you, I don't really care as I find joy in anything that makes Star Wars fanboys angry.

I actually loved TLJ, so no idea what he is about.

It's just Billy/i/e, Billy-ing cauze you know Billy gonna Billy.

I thought TLJ was deeply flawed and didn't really fit in well with the story up to that point...but maybe episode 9 will make sense of some of it