Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I just left a deposit on a thing.

I just left a deposit on a thing.

I will start out by saying that this wasn't an impulse buy. I've been sniffing around this car for YEARS.

lol potato fail.

It's a '65 Volvo 122 sedan. 4-speed, with a blue interior.

The story basically goes that this car sat in a new Volvo showroom down in Georgia for about 20 years. Then, it sold on ebay to one of the owners of a local import repair shop. Said shop was once a new Volvo dealer itself, but now the original owner's 2 sons run the place as a repair garage. Really nice guys, I bring cars there sometimes. I saw the car sitting there right when he first got it, so I stopped to ask about it and look at it. And threatened to return should I ever see it for sale. He bought the car for his wife, and put a ton of work into it to get it roadworthy for her, and now a few years later she's decided she wanted an old wagon intsead. And it went up for sale and now I'm picking it up monday.

It's weird to get an old car that's just...sorted, by someone who knows what they're doing. The engine, fuel system, brakes, SU carbs, suspension, everything is sorted out. It just starts up and drives around, like an actual car. And it doesn't leak anything. And it's absolutely straight without a speck of rust. He even put it on the lift for me and...yeah. It's practically factory fresh underneath. It's just really nice, inside and outside. I haven't owned an old car this ready to roll since I bought Russ' brother's '81 Datsun wagon.

So, pretty pleased that I got to it. And it's owner is pleased that it's going to another Volvo enthusiast.

No real plans for it once I have it, except to remove the dealer-accessory under-dash AC and compressor and store that away, install a tachometer, and maybe get a slightly smaller steering wheel.
    Last edited by Yeti; March 22nd, 2015 at 08:32 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Nice.

Fine automobile, sir!

Junior Potato
    Ha! It's beautiful. I love it.

Beauty, eh!

It should make a pretty nice summer driver

Sweet. I've always loved those.

awesome

I LOVE older Volvos.

I dream of having a P1800. But I digress.

Super happy to see you picking this thing up. Lot's of photos and tons of stories please.