Thread: The Mod Pizza Fan Club

The Mod Pizza Fan Club

I ate at one of these quick-serve pizza joints in Washington state recently, and at the only one (so far) in Colorado today. I loved their food, and will return, probably sooner than later.

All pizzas of the same size cost the same, regardless of how much stuff you ask them to pile on. They have an open kitchen and cookline, and a menu of their standard choices, but of course you can modify these or create your own. Perhaps it's because these are fairly new restaurants, apparently, but the two I visited were very clean, the employees helpful and communicative instead of surly and sullen, and the place just has a cool vibe that makes me hope they prosper and stay in business a long time.

I ordered a Caspian today (link to menu below) and the guy topping the pizza said, "have you tried that with bacon and pineapple?" Whoa. Bravo for employee initiative. No extra charge for bacon? Unbelievable!

The pizzas are cooked in a wood-burning oven and turned and pulled individually with peals instead of riding on conveyor belts, and they are made and served very quickly. I didn't time it, but I'd guess my pie was ready today maybe five to seven minutes after ordering. That must be a really hot oven, and the dough is stretched pretty thin, which I like.

Give 'em a try if there's one near you:

http://modpizza.com/store-directory/

http://modpizza.com/menu/

(I have no affiliation with this company. I'm just a satisfied customer.)

Seems to be a thing. We just got a Blaze Pizza in Davis that sounds very similar (and was tasty).

Looks like I gotta haul out to Rocklin to check out a Mod Pizza. Or Redding. Or Brentwood.
    Whoomah!

Grabbed Mod Pizza a couple months ago and it was amazing.

There's a Blaze Pizza near the Piada I always go to, I will have to give it a try one of these days.
    Get that weak shit off my track