Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA 6

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

GTA 6

Official Trailer is finally out...release 2025

My first impression....this is EXTREMELY "Florida Man/Woman" accurate as someone who lives here in Florida. Also set in current time and not the 80's

Junior Potato
    Damn, I wish it was set in another time period.

I’m lukewarm on this given the state of AAA games these days, plus the fact that Rockstar North has lost key members of the original GTA creative team, meaning it won’t have the biting satire poking big holes in modern day America which peaked with GTA IV in my opinion.

It’ll be a by-the-numbers GTA title, just lacking the humour and charm that GTA has had in the past, and built by minimum wage developers under fierce crunch working conditions.

But I’m sure that when it releases in two years time I’ll have turned around on this and will want a piece of the action.

Agreed, I have a lot of questions and I doubt it can live up to GTA V as far as major upgrade from GTA IV (Though IV has a lot of fans also)

I wasn't a fan of V. The "stop what you're doing and babysit your gang" mechanism was really annoying and I stopped playing pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I wasn't a fan of V. The "stop what you're doing and babysit your gang" mechanism was really annoying and I stopped playing pretty early.
    I thought that mechanic was way worse in San Andreas

Actually you're right, that's what I'm thinking of. Maybe I REALLY stopped, I'm not sure I've ever played 4 or 5.

Administrator
    Hah, yeah, I was going to say, I never made it through 4 because of that mechanic. Felt like GTA with a tamagotchi element.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Actually you're right, that's what I'm thinking of. Maybe I REALLY stopped, I'm not sure I've ever played 4 or 5.
    GTA 5 is really good, fixes so many issues with previous games

I own it on one or two platforms but I'm not sure I've ever actually loaded it.

I bought III and Vice City for like $10 each on my PS4 and have enjoyed playing through those again.

Junior Potato
    I sit here reading this thinking it’s odd that some people haven’t played the GTA games enough to remember which one had what mechanic. They were the games of the 2000s man!

But then I remember that I’ve never played through any Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Those were the games of the 2010s.