Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emulators? Anyone play about with them?

Junior Potato
    Haha! Fun times ahead!

For those of you who are literal links to the past and have never played a newer Zelda game, you're in for a treat.

And all you need is to source yourself four games:

Zelda Collectors Edition for GameCube (includes emulated (so you're emulating within an emulator (emuception, much like this bracketing stack))) Zelda I and II, as well as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)
    The Wind Waker (GC)
    Twilight Princess (Wii or GC - I recommend GC because fuck motion controls)
    Skyward Sword

That's all five 3D Zelda games so far.

Speaking of emuception, did you know that the original Goldeneye for the N64 included an experimental emulator within its code, which Rareware used to test whether or not the N64 could emulate games? This eventually became a feature in Donkey Kong 64 where you could unlock the original Donkey Kong arcade game and Jetpak from the ZX Spectrum console. Goldeneye actually has 10 games buried within, which can only be unlocked through modding the game.

And here's another one; if you know what you're doing, you can replace the files for Ocarina of Time in the Master Quest bonus disc for an entirely different N64 game, since all the disc really is, is an N64 emulator running on GameCube which has two titles loaded onto it.

So.

If you get the ROM for Goldeneye, mod it to unlock the ZX Spectrum games, swap it for one of the titles in the Master Quest bonus disc, then run it in Dolphin on your PC... It's emulators all the way down.

Junior Potato
    So hey, here's something I have been looking at this week.

Dolphin can emulate the entire Wii system menu. The below video is pretty old, but it still works as described, except in Dolphin 5.0 you can just place the .wad files in the same directory as your games and run them from there, although apparently you still have to install each .wad file via the menu to make them work together properly; it's something I'm still trying out.

The ironical thing is, I have a real Wii set up and switched on so that I have a sensor bar, yet I'm using my PC connected to the TV to muck about with Wii menus. All I have to do is switch inputs on the TV and I can use an actual Wii.

I see your emulators and I raise you the Classic NES: https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/14/...with-30-games/

This will be Nintendo's big holiday product since the NX won't be out until March.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Damn there are some very clever people out there

Junior Potato
    As it happens, Cemu struggles with Wind Waker HD on my PC, and is kinda okay with Super Mario 3D World.

It can run Twilight Princess HD just wonderfully however, which is nice because that's the least illegal WiiU game I would ever allegedly have access to. It's the most expensive amiibo I have ever bought, let me tell you.

I have PSXE on my computer to play GT1/GT2, and some other games I enjoyed as a kid. Resident Evil 2, Syphon Filter, Jarrett and Labonte Stock Cars, etc.

I also have a Genesis/CD emulator to play the 1991-1994 Sanic (REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) games when the urge strikes me.

Junior Potato
    So the digital version of Breath of the Wild for Wii U has been leaked, essentially stolen from the eShop servers a few days early.

http://kotaku.com/legend-of-zelda-br...s-b-1792802398

It boots on Cemu but doesn't get past the opening splash screens. The Cemu devs will work on it, but it will be weeks before it's anything close to running. It's nothing to get too excited about yet.

Junior Potato
    I was poking about on the Dolphin blog today and I found out that...

Dolphin Emu

Can

Access

The

Real

Wii

Shop

Channel

And buy real games.

Holy shit.

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/03...f-of-purchase/

Nice.

This board could need a "Like" option for threads/posts/replies...

Junior Potato
    The power of emulation.

Download links are in the video description on YouTube.