Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Emulators? Anyone play about with them?

Ask me about my bottom br
    zsnes user here.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    Damn there are some very clever people out there

[video]
    You mean the SEGA engineers, right?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    This is reasonably mind blowing.

Switch is 2 years old. Mario Oddyssey is 18 months old.

Bear in mind the purported “400% increase” doesn’t mean 240FPS, it just means it’s better than 15FPS.

It’s also worth noting that a new-ish PC full of i7s and 1080Tis is slightly larger than half the volume of a DVD case. It’s a good reminder of the power of skilful optimisation versus brute-force performance from a lot of hardware (and part-time emulator development).

Bruno just asked what game I played a lot in my childhood.

Back in the early days, around here there used to be 2600s housed as arcade machines and, you know, we played the classics, Ms. Pacman, Kung-Fu Master, Moon Patrol, Beamrider... but it wasn't until my mom got me a knockoff famicom that I really got lost in one game. So I was trying to remember what its name was, and I think it's Max Warrior - Wakusei Kaigenrei, I think it was ported as Isolated Warrior... anybody know if there were palette changes between the 2 versions? It's not quite like I remember it. I'm going to ask Rob on social media, see if he knows anything.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Last fall my son got me an emulator called Sumosys, which has over 11,000 ROMs. It was a birthday gift and is fantastic. Arcade, NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, etc.

Got the entire Marvel vs Capcom arcade series at my fingertips (except MvC2 and MvC3, which I already have on PS3 and PS4). Didnít cost that much, I think it was $150. Iíve used emulators before but only on the computer. This one I could hook up to the TV and even connect PS3 and PS4 controllers. Which is great, cause Iím so used to wireless now.

Spoiler:
    Legal?? Obviously most likely not. I think the company got pinched, as their website and FB page have disappeared. So much for technical support if you need it, but oh well. Iíve noticed more and more of these retro emulators popping up on FB in recent months. Same price. Probably the same people doing it.
    So I've been playing this a lot more recently. Been learning more about emulators in the past couple of months, and this one is based on a Raspberry Pi or something. Built-in Retroarch menu, which is fantastic. Was getting really pissed off with the input lag until I did some digging and learned about Run Ahead Latency, which solved the problem. Loving this, immensely.

What was that fighting game where gems dropped out every time you punched your opponent? the bigger the combo the larger the gem?

It was pretty similar (graphics) to Rival Schools.
    acket.