Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track Editor Released !

Yes, Cleveland, Burke Lakefront.
    Get that weak shit off my track

This makes me think maybe I should fire up V-Rally 2.

I've downloaded the BlueStacks emulator since I don't have a tablet. Works okay.. not precise with scaling (no touchscreen to pinch or rotate) but can get close based on how you snapshot images from Google Earth or Maps.
    There are a few Creators out there that have made some worthy reproductions outside of the flat landscape. Road America by Patrick8308 and 1960s Spa Francorchamps by GTP_daan are a couple.
    Unfortunately, you are limited to 30 user-created tracks in your GT6 My Page and Track Editor app.
    You do not have to be a 'friend' in order to download someone else's tracks. And by clicking on a Creator's Name hyperlink during the download operation you can view their My Page and see any others they have that they've created or have saved from other Creators.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...out-fr.335172/

The terrain contour maps for Andalusia, Eifel and Death Valley are being captured which should help these Creators make additional relatively close-to-life reproductions (the default background images in the app are shit).
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...#post-11039398

There has also been a bug discovered whereby you can use any user-created track in Career Mode Championship.. so, 16 car grid with side-by-side rolling start instead of 12 car 'chase the rabbit'.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...g-1-21.336519/

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Do you need PS+ to be able to upload tracks from the tablet to your PSN account?

Both times I tried yesterday it told me it didn't find a connection, then fucking froze.
    acket.

You don't need any paid subscription to upload tracks, no.

Don't know why it froze for you.

samoht - Speed Mountain is a great track.. best sets of switchbacks I've encountered yet with the track editor

I'm really glad you like it Jegato, thanks for the feedback. I've long wanted touge courses in GT, it's fun being able to make them.

Being able to import contour maps as backgrounds with the modded TPE makes it quite a bit easier to lay out mountainous courses, because you can see which direction the land is sloping.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The modded what?
    acket.

If you have an Android device, you can install a modified APK file - links here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...#post-11336486

This permits you to import a background image on non-flat themes. So you import a contour map of the theme you are working on, and bingo, you can lay the track over the landscape, rather than just laying it down and hoping for the best. Also, it removes the validation that stops you laying too tight/close tracks, which has the side effect that even if you don't want to do this, it's much much easier to adjust a pre-existing section of track, as you can move each marker once, rather than having to repeatedly shuffle all of them in sequence to achieve the desired line. Contour Height maps are available on GTPlanet.

Basically it's makes it much easier to make good tracks with elevation, with less trial and error.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Noobish here, but how would i go about downloading and racing on this track?

The capture for the vid is where it got too steep for the car to get higher up.

Someone claimed they got an X1 up to 890 km/h on the way down. o_O

Do you save it to a USB stick, load it onto the PS3 and then load it in game?
    I know a 3 second Google search could find me the answer, but that is three seconds i just can't spare at the mo.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; May 22nd, 2016 at 08:56 PM.