Page 1 of 195 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Notable car sightings

Notable car sightings

I saw a Dodge Omni today... on the road... moving... under it's own power.

Saw a new Cherokee in the wild--not a fan of the rear end styling.
    Whoomah!

You are not alone, but I'm not in the camp. I really like the new Cherokee from all angles. It's different but still clearly a Jeep.

I've been seeing the same matte red NSX all over town. Kinda neat looking - I'd never considered a matte color for a car.

I think if Jeep had put the license plate in the hatch instead of the bumper I'd like it more. There's too much space: http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimage...rokee-rear.jpg
    Whoomah!

Last night on Aurora Avenue: A beautiful cobalt blue 1971 Lincoln four-door hardtop with a dark blue vinyl top. Absolutely immaculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I think if Jeep had put the license plate in the hatch instead of the bumper I'd like it more. There's too much space
    They probably did it because the cost of molding multiple bumpers is cheaper than stamping multiple hatches, and this way it can accommodate a variety of license plate sizes.

Comically, I think the new Cherokee may be the first instance of someone copying Kia's styling -

Oh yeah...

I had the Fiero up to 95mph today, the fastest it's gone since I've had it. It's surprisingly solid at those speeds, though the low spring rates really start to display their inadequacies. I'm not going to do anything about that as they are on the edge of tolerable for daily driver duty. Anyway, while hauling ass down the freeway, I got passed by a W124 500E. I don't know how fast he was going, but he got in front of me right quick and then proceeded to exit the freeway from the left lane, jetting across four lanes of traffic. I didn't mind, because in a car like that he deserves such privileges. Still a fine, fine looking car. Maybe I'll pursue one when I'm done with the XJR.

I was thinking about those, too. .

I was behind a Tribeca today ; Subaru put the plate in the middle of the hatch.

Ruf RT35 parked out the front of my local Porsche shop today. The looks match the performance

I saw a Porsche 924 S2 or something in the parking lot of canadian tire last night, it had really dark tinted windows and I think the guy was just parking there to smoke crack or something. Toronto is a world class city.